<1000 1000pt Space Marine Team Doubles list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Space Marine Team Doubles list

Hey, I am working on a Space Marine list at a 1000pts for an upcomming team doubles tournament. the Criteria are Normal Force Org. and....
    • Transports cannot carry models from a teammate.
    • Army wide abilities that are “Chapter Tactics” or affect “Your Army” such as Vulcan’s ability to reroll melta shots do not confer to a teammate. (They aren’t part of your army after all)
    • Abilities that target or benefit “Friendly Models” such as Pedro Kantor’s Inspiring Presence ability will confer to your team mate.
    • Independent Characters cannot join units from your teammates army.
    • You can’t shoot your teammate. No matter how funny it would be.
    Partners will only be annouced at the start of the tournament, so i have no idea who i will be with nor what army they will be bringing. Using this i decided to build a list with stuff i think Space Marines can use in a team environment. Feedback is greatly appreciated, the tournament is on Aug. 28. (I do not own a land Raider and so will probably not consider bringing my terminators, only have 1 speeder)

HQ
    Kor'sarro Khan - Moondrakkan 205pts

Troops
    Tactical Squad - 10 man, meltagun, powerweapon, 250pts
    lascannon, Rhino-EA
    Tactical Squad - 10 man, meltagun, powerweapon, 250pts
    lascannon, Rhino-EA

Fast Attack
    Landspeeder - multi melta 60pts

Heavy Support
    Vindicator 115pts
    Predator - Lascannon Sponsons 120pts

Total 1000pts

Was going to use Khan's outflank ability to help out with assaulting objectives, combat squading down for those games and using the lascannons in the rhinos in Annihilation based games as armoured pill boxes, Please critique

My Dice keep me in check

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

You have no bikes? No one for the HQ to join and save himself from an instant killing krak missile. He would also make bikes a scoring troop choice.

I would save points from extra armour, LC down to ML on the tac squads and ditch a tank to get a 5 man bike squad with a PW & 2 meltas. Add a HF to the landspeeder too if you can.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khan was only there to give me outflank, assualt anything thats within 19" of the board edge that he comes in on, and get stuck in close combat, that is why i gave him a bike for fleet, and personally, if i was going to use bikes, then i would use more than 5, because they get shot up real easy, and remember, my teammate has to take 2 troops choices also. so another troops choice isn't neccessary. I understand your view point but i am outflanking anyway so i will have the advantage of surprise. And i like the tanks.
    My Dice keep me in check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, For all of you who looked at this thread, i will tell you how i did in the tournament. For a start i made a last minute decision and dropped the Vindicator, Landspeeder, and the EA from the rhinos and added a squad of 5 assault Terminators 3 w/ LCs 2 w/ss, th. I was paired up with an ork player with 4 squads of 30 boys and a mekboy with the little 6in cover save.
    Using these lists me and my partner had good synergy and took a decent win game 1. Game 2 was a little rockier as we fought the cheesiest thing in the 40k universe, Eldar seer council with fortune and feel no pain... An Eldar player with a BA player, they just squeaked out a final objective move with a 6in consolidation move to control an objective 2-1...... Game 3 we played another horde army and we got perfect assault move timing and we crushed them. At the end of the day we had won with 47 pts to 46 pts who were the BA player and the Eldar player. Go Orks and Space Marines!
    My Dice keep me in check

+ Reply to Thread