<2000 1500 pts Space Wolf "WolfWing" for tournament. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Space Wolf "WolfWing" for tournament.

Hi,

I am trying to realise one of my noob dreams, and build a full terminator army.

Between all the terminators army, it seems that the SW one is "dominating" so let's try.

Logan 275
    mandatory

WG terminators 245 pts

1) with 1claws and missile launcher
    2) with one claw and combi melta
    3) with storm shield and Storm Bolter
    4) with combi melta and chainsaw-fist
    5) with power weapon and combi flamer

Same 245

Same 245

Same 245

Which leaves me with exactly 245 pts for :
    - a 5th squad
    - 2 lonewolf with chainfist, shield and two wolfs
    - 2 gun-plateforme-oreiented dreadnoughts (i know 245 pts may be a litte too short)
    - other?

For thoses who are familiars, the squad pattern has been copy/past from an article found on "the temple of vanus" and "thebolterandthechainsword" written by sommebody that seems to know what he was talking about.

Well i know that terminators army are not particulary known to be competitive but i would like to build something that, at least, does not give the victory to the opponent.

Land raiders and droppods are not aviable for me, so any advices in this direction does not help me. This will be a footslogging army. sorry.
    (And, yes, i read the way of the water warrior)

What do you think about this?
    What would you do?

Thank ou very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whilst not 'terminator', a full pack of 15 Blood Claws would mess your opponent up some.

Who would you pick? 15 Blood Claws whilst several packs of Terminators are shooting you up, or the Terminators whilst 15 Blood Claws are charging.

Either that or go for the 5th squad. I think another pack of WG would do more than two Lone Wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

I am really unsure if termies would work not DP'ing in. I run a DP wolf list and about 8 ork lists and I think all of them could take these guys. They are just too slow. I could sit back and shoot them to death.

Either go with rifle-men dreds or more termies... The dreds won't last long though as every bit of anti-tank the other army has will go towards taking them out... but same goes for the termies if you use another squad of them. I would suggest they are your only 2 options out of the suggestions given.

To answer Wolfun, The blood claws is what I would shoot at. The termies I can save for later as they crawl towards me
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmh ok

And what if i add one or two librarian with ww and/or living lightning?

I reconize that dreads are going to be almost useless pieces of scrap as they are the only target for AT weapon.

Land raiders are too expensive for a 1500 pt game, that would cut too much in to the troops.

Drop pods seems good bud i have a budget limit :p ... and adding 4 drop pod almost double the cost of the army

jet pack troopers as you sugest seems to be a bad idea. they would be alone and with no support. (and become the first priority target for the opponent)

For my part i think about two runepriest with ligntning and huricane for the 1st and jaws and tempest on the 2nd.

They certenly add more firepower and resistance to the termis already present, but it is maybe too much points invested in characters, but it seems to be the less bad option with the aditional squad (which doesn't sound very good)

Simple question : what is your absolute nemesis? and what is your best matchup?

do you have any other ideas?

Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, i forgot to ask just a simple question.

Can you tell me if there is any way to build you own cyclone missile launcher?
    Or a good replacement, a bitz, or anything that prevent me from buying a box of normal terminators?

Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

personally I buy bitz, ebay is great for that... where are you from anyway? I recommend trying maelstrom games, you will save about 20% on everything you buy, combined with eBay (for bitz) and you can get your army cheaper (maybe freeing up room for DP)

As a wolf player, my Nemesis is IG (but I think everyone's nemesis is guard) because they have ordinance that will take you out. Best matchup is tau (but tau suck) and I play DP... for the termies, your's specifically (slogging that is) Necrons
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

+ Reply to Thread