<2000 1500pts Mech Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Mech Black Templars

After a few games with the list I posted earlier, I've decided to try a mech list. So far I was thinking:

HQ
    -Emperors Champion with AAC* 140pts
    -Marshal with Lightning Claws, an Iron Halo, frag grenades and bionics^ 141pts

Elite
    -Assault terminators with 3 LC and 2TH&SS, furious charge and a Land Raider Crusader 483pts

Troops
    -Crusade squad: 7 initiates and 2 neophytes with a melta gun, a power fist and a rhino with smokes and extra armor* 215pts
    -Crusade squad: 7 initiates and 2 neophytes with a melta gun, a power fist and a rhino with smokes and extra armor^ 215pts
    -Crusade squad: 5 initiates with a plasma gun and lascannon 101pts

Fast Attack
    -land speeder with multi melta and heavy flamer 75pts

Heavy Support
    -Vindicator with extra armor 130pts

The plan is pretty simple; just rush everything forwards and use the ranged elements to cover my approach. The vindicator is mainly there to draw fire from my assault and for board control, and who knows; it may even get to shoot . To that end I wasn't sure if I should give it PotMS but I couldn't find the points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It's a solid start, but I feel the urge to nit pick a bit. :p

-In a mech list, extra hq's really aren't as vital thanks to the layer of armour between you and the bad guys. A lot of the practial benefits you get from them just aren't needed. I suggest dumping the Marshal altogether.
    -Furious Charge is probably a little redundant on those assault termies, but let me know how it goes for ya
    -Single Vindicators are a waste of points, as any competant opponent will kill them very quickly. If you can play them 2 or 3 of them, they get a lot more terrifying.
    -Smoke/XA should nearly be standard options for BT, due to the cost/gain ratio that BT players get out of them. Take them on everything.
    -Another option for armoured support that you should consider is Predators (either kind, without sponsons) and Dreadnoughts (TLLC) for some additional long-ranged anti-tank firepower. That sort of thing is pretty important to successful mech lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to add that the crusader has EA and smokes. As for furious charge, it will get me 1.25 more wounds with the lightning claws against MEq for the strength bonus alone. I think that more then justifies the points for the upgrade. I think I'll keen the Marshal for casual games for fluff reasons but I may drop him for a ven. dreadnought if I use this list for tournaments. Anyway, I've posted a revised list below.

HQ
    -Emperors Champion with AAC* 140pts
    -Marshal with Lightning Claws, an Iron Halo, frag grenades and bionics^ 141pts

Elite
    -Assault terminators with 3 LC and 2TH&SS, furious charge and a Land Raider Crusader (EA and smokes) 483pts

Troops
    -Crusade squad: 7 initiates and 2 neophytes with a melta gun, a power fist and a rhino with smokes and extra armor* 215pts
    -Crusade squad: 7 initiates and 2 neophytes with a melta gun, a power fist and a rhino with smokes and extra armor^ 215pts
    -Crusade squad: 5 initiates with a plasma gun and lascannon 101pts

Fast Attack
    -land speeder with multi melta and heavy flamer 75pts

Heavy Support
    -Predator Destructor with lascannon sponsons 125pts

Total: 1495pts

Thanks for all of you help so far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation