<2000 2000pt Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Blood Angels

After reading through the Blood Angels codex for quite a while I've decided to make an army list for them. Some of this stuff I picked purely for Blood Angels fluff and not necessarily for their usefulness. For now this list is more for friendly games, but I would still appreciate any feedback to make it more competitive.

Re-tweaked list.

HQ
    Astorath the Grim - 220 pts

Elite
    Sanuinary Priests ( 3 ) - 225 pts
    -3x Jump Pack

Sanguinary Guard (5) - 230 pts
    -Chapter Banner

Troops
    Assault Squad w/ Jump Packs( 10 ) - 210 pts
    -2x Meltagun

Assault Squad w/Jump Packs ( 10 ) - 200 pts
    -2x Flamer

Assault Squad w/Jump Packs ( 10 ) - 210 pts
    -1x Flamer
    -Power Weapon Sergeant

Death Company ( 5 ) - 130 pts
    -2x Power Weapons

Death Company Dreadnought - 135 pts
    -Heavy Flamer
    -Blood Talons

Fast Attack
    Vanguard Veteran ( 5 ) - 240 pts
    -2x Power Weapons
    -2x Infernus Pistols
    -2x Lightning Claw Sergeant

Heavy Support
    Stormraven Gunship - 200 pts
    -Twin-linked Multi-Melta

I plan on keeping most, if not all, of this army in reserve and utilizing the Descent of Angels rule a lot. Astorath will be going with the Sanguinary Guard. The 3 Sanguinary Priests will be going with the 3 Assault Squads, with the DC and DC Dreadnought in the Stormraven. I think I'm still gonna keep Astorath with the Sanguinary Guard because I don't want to pile too many things into the Stormraven.

Last edited by Orblivion; August 31st, 2010 at 02:03. Reason: Updated List

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the list idea overall, for a more competitive game i would think about dropping the stormraven, just seems that at 2k a single AV 12 vechical wont last very long, and it's very expensive for the target it will present, if you dropped it i would give power fists to every squad (sang guard, ASM, and DC), give the vanguard sergeant a thunder hammer since he cant take 2 claws (can only trade in sword), and maybe put one or two storm shields to help it survive since it will draw a lot of fire if kills anything, and if any points are left give some power weapons to the priests since they are basically another sergeant, good for fun games but these changes would give more punch, especially if you face a heavy mech army

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

Anti-psyker is a must for any list, whether friendly or competitive i feel. Having two librarians would help you alot and allow you to be much more effective at covering anti-psyker ground.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread