<2000 Mech IG with DH allies 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Mech IG with DH allies 1850

HQ

CCS: Chimera, Officer of the Fleet, 4x Grenade Launchers, PF

DH Inquisitor Lord: Chimera, 2x Mystic, 3x Veteran Guardsman, Psycannon, Artificer Armor, Auspex, CCW

Elites

Guardsman Marbo

Callidus Assassin

Troops

Veteran Squad: Chimera, 3x Meltagun

Veteran Squad: Chimera, 3x Meltagun

Veteran Squad: 3x Flamer, Demolitions

Veteran Squad: 3x Flamer, Demolitions

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel Squadron (3) Autocannon

Vendetta w/ HB Sponsons

Vendetta w/ HB Sponsons

Heavy Support

LRBT w/ Hull Lascannon

LRBT w/ Hull Lascannon

This list is lighter on troops than I like to run, but it brings Marbo and a Callidus Assassin into the same list. The idea is to use a basically traditional mech list and use the disruptive elements of Marbo and the Callidus to deal with troublesome HQ units. I am still considering whether or not to shave some points to add an Astropath to the CCS to increase the odds of an early arrival for reserves.

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Actually doesn't look too bad to me. Might want to scrape some points together and kit those Veteran Guardsmen with some plasma. The DH plasma is nice and cheap.

Cutting out the powerfist, artificer armor, or lascannons on the tanks (though I like this idea the least) would get you the points.

One question, are you using the DH chimera? If not you could just buy a chimera for one of the flamer squads and load up the Inquisitor and Co. first turn.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Actually doesn't look too bad to me. Might want to scrape some points together and kit those Veteran Guardsmen with some plasma. The DH plasma is nice and cheap.

Cutting out the powerfist, artificer armor, or lascannons on the tanks (though I like this idea the least) would get you the points.

One question, are you using the DH chimera? If not you could just buy a chimera for one of the flamer squads and load up the Inquisitor and Co. first turn.
    The list was configured with the DH chimera, which meant that it had to pay for the hull hvy bolter. The PF on the company commander is pure fluff (I dig the model) and I'd prefer to keep it. I'll rework the list with an IG chimera and see if it comes out cheap enough to buy some plasma.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread