<2000 Look Ma No Rotors! Hybrid 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Look Ma No Rotors! Hybrid 1850

I love my vendettas, but they are a pain to carry to some gaming venues. With this in mind (and a cleverly disguised excuse to buy more models) I came up with what I consider to be a more "traditional" list.

HQ

CCS: 4x GL, OoF, Chimera, PF, meltabombs

Primaris Psyker

Troops

Infantry Platoon
    PCS: Chimera 4x Flamer
    IS: GL, Autocannon
    IS: GL, Autocannon, Commisar, PW
    SWS: 2x Flamer, Demo Charge

Infantry Platoon
    PCS: Chimera 4x Flamer
    IS: GL, Autocannon
    IS: GL, Autocannon, Commisar, PW
    SWS: 2x Flamer, Demo Charge

Veteran Squad: 3x Meltagun, Chimera

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel w/ Autcocannon

Heavy Support

LRBT w/ Lascannon

LRBT w/ Lascannon

The platoons are intended to be objective babysitters / fire bases, while the vets secure forward objectives. The LRBT was chosen for its ability to apply fire almost anywhere on the board. Comments and criticism are welcome.

Last edited by IronWeevil; September 3rd, 2010 at 04:20. Reason: grammar fix
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: CCS is ok but could use a standard to keep the troops from running. PF & MB will probably never be used as the enemy will single out this squad to stop the orders. Psyker is ok but not great. You could get another infantry squad for him.

Troops: all fine apart from the SWS who will never fire a shot. They are vulnerable and a huge threat so the enemy will just shoot them before they get in range. Drop one SWS and get a chimera for the other.

Fast: Nice

Heavy: It would be nice to upgrade these to demolishers with hull LC. The S10 is better against tanks and both weapons are AP2 for engaging terminators.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    HQ: CCS is ok but could use a standard to keep the troops from running. PF & MB will probably never be used as the enemy will single out this squad to stop the orders. Psyker is ok but not great. You could get another infantry squad for him.

Troops: all fine apart from the SWS who will never fire a shot. They are vulnerable and a huge threat so the enemy will just shoot them before they get in range. Drop one SWS and get a chimera for the other.

Fast: Nice

Heavy: It would be nice to upgrade these to demolishers with hull LC. The S10 is better against tanks and both weapons are AP2 for engaging terminators.
    The standard is a good idea, I will look into that. The PF is purely for fluff (I like the model). The MB on the commander are filler points. I'm flexible on the primaris, I'd planned on using him to deter fire from the CCS or against high Ld armies using him to add firepower. If the SWS never fire a shot, then they've done their job. They are primarily there as a force to deter assaults from the line squads. I've found that I am liking the LRBT over the Demolisher in most games. The extra range has given me a lot more flexibility of maneuver and made it relatively easy to swat at deepstriking or outflanking units that show up in my deployment zone.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread