<2000 1500 Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Balanced

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

1500 Balanced

Abandoning my previous idea of all infantry because i did not want to assemble any more imperial guard infantry, I have created a list that uses most of my purchased guard and added some mech to it. My main worry is that i do not have enough tanks but hopefully this list packs enought firepower that it can deal with the enemie's anti-tank.

Company command squad, 4 melta Vets- 90

Platoon command squad, vox caster, 3 grenade launchers – 50

3 combined infantry squads, 3 seargents with power weapons, 3 meltaguns, 1
    commisar with power weapon, 1 vox- 260

Heavy weapons squad, all autocannons- 75

Heavy weapons squad, all autocannons- 75

Heavy weapons squad, all Lascannons- 105

Heavy weapons squad, all Lascannons- 105

Veteran Squad, 3 meltas- 100

Fast Attack

Vendetta- 130

Vendetta- 130

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Executioner, plasma cannon sponsoons- 230

LRBT- 150

Suggestions are greatly appreciated and i will certainly take them into consideration.

2. Remove Advertisements

11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

I would go with more troops. A second platoon or possibly another veteran squad to occupy the other vendetta.SWS, PCS and vets all make good vendetta payloads.

I would lose one of your heavy weapons squads loaded with lascannons and add hvy weapon teams to your three infantry squads with lascannons (it's a little cheaper and gives your lascannons more wounds). If you are intent on taking the large number of HWS then I would also recommend taking a Lord Commissar to bump their leadership for orders.

I'd suggest taking a different Russ. The executioner is very expensive at this point level. Sponsons add even more unjustified point cost and remove your mobility. I think that the standard LRBT would serve you well enough and with a hull lascannon (my preferred configuration) it would run you about 165.

Vendettas are great fast attack units, but you could do more with them by adding HB door gunners (sponsons). Check your codex, it's cheap too.

You will likely hear from others that the heavy weapon squads are a free gift of kill points to your opponent, and there is merit to the argument. I would like to hear how you fare with your list. Good luck.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread