<2000 Building up 1850 Biker list, need help with the last 720pts... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Building up 1850 Biker list, need help with the last 720pts...

Hello!

I want to play in a local 1850 tournament in a week and would like to know what YOUR suggestions are on the remaining 720 points that I have. Initially I had a biker Command Squad and a mix of Typhoons and attack bikes, but I am not sure how those would work at this point level. I am also finishing a Mortis Dread and would like to try that at some point...

Any suggestions are welcomed!

As far as models, I have:
    Chappy with Assault Marines
    6 Termies (not assault ones)
    6 half-way done Assault Termies
    Some TACs with two Rhinos (Razorback)
    Devs with mostly missile launchers, one Las, one Plasma
    1 Dread (Mortis, MM or Assault Cannon)
    4 Typhoons
    1 Dual Heavy Bolter Speeder (could build/paint other weapons in a hurry)
    4 extra Attack Bikes
    6 Sniper Scouts
    5 Scout Bikers
    Whirlwind
    Landraider (Las)
    Half-way done Libby on a bike
    Command Squad on bikes (with or without Champion)

And the base list is as follows:

HQ: Space Marine Captain (1#, 180 pts)+ Artificer Armour; Bike; Relic Blade
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 200 pts) Flamer x2; Multi-Melta; Power Fist
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 195 pts) Melta Gun x2; Multi-Melta; Combi-Melta
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 205 pts) Plasma Gun x2; Multi-Melta; Combi-Plasma
    Heavy Support: Predator (1#, x pts) Autocannon; Lascannons
    Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, x pts)
    Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, x pts)

Total Roster Cost: 1130, Leftover points: 720

Thank you!

Last edited by SmokWawelski; September 17th, 2010 at 15:00. Reason: Forgot an optional unit. Spelling.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely go with 2 squads of two multi-melta attack bikes,
    Don't know what to do with the rest of the points though, have you considered using Khorsorro Khan on bike than having your bikes outflank, you'd be surprised at how useful this is with attack bikes and a few bike squadrons... i've caused so much havoc with this sort of combination... with this in mind a few tactical squads (or one combat squaded) to hold home objectives can't be a bad idea while your bikes zoom forwards... perhaps even a squad of termies in a landraider...assault termies or shooty ones your choice either way plan is go forwards and assault!

hope this helps somewhat...
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

I agree with Cypher. And why not use Khan? Your space marine captain model may even be able to count as the guy if you model him with the right equipment. Not to mention hit and run and furious charge on a tooled up command squad on bikes I would imagine to be pretty nasty. Delicious feel no pain and extra toughness, extra attack including bonus from chainsword and pistol, fully customizable weapons. Yeah.... would be fun to model too.
    Last edited by Guthbrand; September 17th, 2010 at 10:07.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Take two razorback tac squads as you can combat squad them to lend a little fire support from plasma cannon and also hold home objectives (which is dificult in all bike armies). Add in a PW+Melta or flamer to the mechanised element too. I would also add in a cheap librarian (in the razorback) and 3 MM attack bikes for abour 700-720 points depenting on tac squad weapons.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Thank you for your recommendations! Unfortunately, all this talk about Khan reminded me that I forgot that I just painted a Command Squad on bikes with interchangeable arms, so that unit is also an option. As far as the list, I was thinking about 2x2 MM Attack bikes and perhaps 2 Typhoons as my anit-tank stuff, and that above mentioned Command Squad. That should be about 700 points depending on what I give to the Vets...

Proposed List:

HQ: Space Marine Captain (1#, 180 pts) Artificer Armour; Bike; Relic Blade
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 200 pts) Flamer x2; Multi-Melta; Power Fist
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 195 pts) Melta Gun x2; Multi-Melta; Combi-Melta
    Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 205 pts) Plasma Gun x2; Multi-Melta; Combi-Plasma
    Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 120 pts) Autocannon; Lascannons
    Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 115 pts)
    Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 115 pts)

ADDITION:

Fast Attack: Assault Bikes (2#, 100 pts) Multi-Meltas
    Fast Attack: Assault Bikes (2#, 100 pts) Multi-Meltas
    Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (2#, 180 pts) Typhoons
    HQ: Command Squad (5#, 330 pts)
    -Apothecary
    -Power Fist + Storm Shield
    -Melta Gun + Storm Shield
    -Lihghtning Claw + Storm Shield
    -Power Sword + Storm Shield

Total Roster Cost: 1850. No left over points.

You like?
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; September 17th, 2010 at 16:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not liking the command squad in my opinion its too expensive, personally i can see the appeal for storm shields, but the high toughness and the apothecary generally make provide enough survivability instead i'd propose something like this:

Biker Command 305
    Apthecary
    x2 Meltas + powerfists
    x2 powerswords

that provides you with the 25 points to up your commander to Khan
    you could even remove the powerfists and make them melta bombs buying you another forty points but this does remove your anti-walker potential entirely up to you either way i'd look towards lowering th cost of your biker command squad, besides that everything else is good

-just realised you probably wouldn't need to worry about walkers because if you're charged by a walker and have Khan in the unit you can just Hit n Run outta there and then melt it in the face!!
    Last edited by cypher371; September 17th, 2010 at 20:05.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Ditch the heavies. I recommend the following:

HQ: Space Marine Captain (1#, 180 pts) Artificer Armour; Bike; Relic Blade
    Command Squad - Bikes, Storm Shield x2, Plasma Gun x5 - 310 (With FNP, they should be shooting plasmas!)
    3x Land Speeder Typhoons - 270
    3x Land Speeder Typhoons - 270
    2x Land Speeder Tornados - MM/HF or MM/HB - 140
    Whirlwind - 85 (Hides in the corner somewhere out of LOS if possible)
    Total - 1850

And pray you don't face dual-lash chaos, because that's going to hurt like a b*tch!
    Last edited by jy2; September 18th, 2010 at 06:10.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

I don't think you can have 5 plasma guns in the squad. The unit is made up of 4 veterans and 1 apothecary and it says that any "veteran" may replace his bolt pistol and/or chain sword with the various weapons listed. Aside from that plasma can be a very nice addition. Really depends on what he plans to do with the squad and how cc heavy of a role he wants it to have.

If he thinks he needs more anti-tank, add meta guns. I would definitely have at least 1 power fist in the command squad because it may find itself in cc a lot of times, or you will find yourself wanting to be in it. Nice thing about bikes is they can fire those plasma guns and still assault. I would play test storm shields, but definitely do not put them on the whole squad, far to many points.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Good point about the command squad and 5 plasmas. Get rid of 1 of the plasmas on the command squad, downgrade one of the multi-melta attack bikes to heavy bolter and now you have your Pfist for your command squad.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats sounds good for vanilla
    Win Loss Ratios:

+ Reply to Thread