<2000 Siege Army List 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Siege Army List 1500

I found the updated Siege Army list on the Forgeworld site a few days ago
    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...DF/k/kreig.pdf
    And I figured I'd give it a go working out a list for fun.

With the Gorgon trick and a bit of proxying I could probably build this list and it would make a nice change from my mech force.

Anyway here goes, given the list is publicly available I will mention specific points values where appropriate and helpful. The costs are a little higher than normal guard but Kreig infantry are better in close combat. The list seems fairly resistent to the kind of special weapon saturation we see in mech lists but I have still managed to fit a good number of special weapons in there.

Anyway 1500 point siege army:

HQ (CCS can't have multiple special weapons, but are still really useful for Iron Resolve and basic orders, one will boost up the infantry if they need to advance and the other will focus on boosting the heavy weapon squads)

1 Company Command Squad, Company banner, Power fist for Commander, Plasma gun (advances with infantry) 90 pts
    1 Company Command Squad, Autocannon, Master of Ordinance
    (sits back to boost autocannon squads) 100 pts

Elites

2 x Quad Cannons
    (harassment units) 50 x 2 = 100 pts

Troops: (again Platoon command squads can't take 4x special weapons but they still make good fire support/buff units)

3x platoons including

3x Platoon Command Squads, Power fist, 2x melta
    (firefighters, able to counter tanks or inf, can issue orders etc.) 75 x3 = 225 pts

2x infantry squads, 1x melta gun, power fist, melta bomb
    (more firefighters, if the melta misses, charge!) 85 x2 = 180

4x infantry squads, 1x plasma gun, power fist
    (blob up into two squads, Die Hards makes them tough to shift, plasmas add some bite to the las spam) 90 x 4 = 360 pts

1x infantry squad, 1x flamer
    (if the enemy has deepstrikers they can help to guard the Hweapons and artillery, if not they can join the other inf blobs to kill hoard types) 65 pts

3x Heavy Weapons Squads 3x Autocannons
    (sit back in cover and shoot up transports with the reserve CCS)
    80 x 3 = 240 pts

Fast Attack

5x Cyclops Demolition Vehicles
    (Operators hide with HWSs, the vehicles advance screened by infantry, then rush forwards 12 inches and blow up for big laughs) 5 x 25 = 125pts

Heavy Support

Medusa
    (better than the self-propelled version with a 24-120" range, still ST10 AP2 Ordinance 5" blast though)
    100 pts

Total: 1500 on the nose

I've never seen a foot guard army actually being played so I may have missed the mark, however I think I've covered my bases. 10x autocannons should be pretty nasty, although swapping one of the teams out for lascannons might give the list a bit more long ranged bite vs AV13 and 14 if the enemy tries to snipe. The inf are fairly tricked out and expensive at the moment, but I think their superior WS and the cost savings from not having to buy commissars makes up for it. Power fists lets them go toe to toe with marines and give them a good old beat down.

Last edited by Korona; October 11th, 2010 at 02:21.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Your infantry blob needs a commisar to stop it running. 10 points will get the blob and CCS a vox to make sure the 41 men get FRFSRF order through. Drop a few PFs from the CCS and non blob squads to free up points.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Krieg don't need the Commissar, they have the stubborn rule in combat inherently thanks to being "die hards" and adding a platoon standard gives all the squads in 12 inches the ability to reroll. They would gain +1LD but I don't want him executing my power fists.
    With blob size, I was thinking of 2 x20 man squads rather than one massive 40 man since it should be a bit more flexible. Is a massive blob better?
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread