<2000 1500pts Airborne regiment, fun but potentially competative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

1500pts Airborne regiment, fun but potentially competative

I think I'll be going for a nil deployment strategy and start with an empty board.
    Because the Valks and 'dettas roll in squadrons of 2, no single squad will arrive unsupported.

The astropath and officer of the fleet allow me to take the most advantage of reserve rolls.

Being able to hamper the enemies reserves and reroll outflanking rolls to give me a more accurate reach of the battle field.

The officers can cast infantry boosting orders (fire on my target/first fank fire/get back in the fight) on their support squad, bring it down on themselves to produce some devastating melta volleys and make themselves a higher priority than my scoring units.

and before anyone criticises the flamer plasma mix. Consider the math-hammer. A flamer has the same chance (if not 0.2 higher) of killing a MEQ at close range as a plasma and is far better than plasma at dispatching horde types (orcs/nids/eldar). It is a valid option.

Lemme know what you think.

--------------801 Sqn--------------
    Company command squad
    4 Melta-guns
    Astropath

Verteran squad
    Flamer
    2 Plasma-guns

2 Vendetta gunships
    Heavy bolters
    -------------701 Sqn---------------
    Company command squad
    4 Melta-guns
    Officer of the Fleet

Verteran squad
    Flamer
    2 Plasma-guns

2 Vendetta gunships
    Heavy bolters
    -------------749 Sqn---------------
    Verteran squad
    Flamer
    2 Plasma-guns

Verteran squad
    Flamer
    2 Plasma-guns

2 Valkeryie
    Multiple rocket pods
    Heavy bolters

Last edited by Davidian; October 20th, 2010 at 19:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Why have 2xCCS? You shouldn't need that many orders as there won't be many squads around to use them. Swap one CCS to a scoring vet squad and move both advisors into the same unit.

As for the maths of flamers being better than plasma you bust get 5 MEQs under the flamer template to get the same chance of killing a MEQ as a BS3 plasmagun on rappid fire.

Flamers have their place however but I think you should bunch them together in the same unit. Put a 3 flamer vet unit in a vendetta - that way the squadron has anti horde ability while another squadron has support from the anti infantry Valkyries. Arm the flamer vets with shotguns too to get the charge if you need it. You loose little as this squad will never need to stand still and fire lasguns at long range.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread