<2000 1,500 points ultramarines help needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

23 (x1)

1,500 points ultramarines help needed.

Okay i have recently been running mech lists at this point level but party because of dark eldar and also for some variety i wanted to try something different. I want to include Calgar as he is really well painted but i don't know exacly how to use him. Anyway i have got as far as this

Calgar =265

tactical marines x10 =245
    serg w combi-melta and powerfist
    drop pod

Assault terms x 10 =400
    TH/SS x8
    LC x2

So with this calgar would pod down with the tactical marines with the terms using the teleport homer to get down easily. I can easily scrap this list if you have any good ideas.

But i was thinking of some support such as 4 ML devastator squad or a thunderfirecannon as those will be good against dark eldar. I could then get a unit of scouts with camo cloaks for objective holding and another tactical squad poding down.

Any help would be really good. I have most things in the codex but can buy new things if needed. Thanks in advance.

Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

2. Remove Advertisements

Bedford, UK
    8 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Calgar is a bit, err, big for 1500pt. You just can't make the most of his madskillz with that few units. 2.5k+ yes, but you'll find him underwhelming in a small army. Plus with 400pt Deep Striking and coming in on a random turn, your poor tactical squads will be squished.

Forget the DS, add a Land Raider (one of capacity 16 types, I forget which is which) and drop three terminators - then you can fit Calgar + AssTerminators in the LR.

Oh, and you need 2 troop choices, currently you only have 1.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread