<3000 2000 Point Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

2000 Point Competitive

I only have 1000 points worth of guard, but here's where I think I'm headed with it. What do you guys think?

HQ
    Company Command Squad with 2 Autocannons and Officer of the Fleet
    100 pts

Troops
    Infantry Platoon A
    Platoon Command Squad with 4 Meltaguns
    70 pts
    Chimera with hull Heavy Flamer
    55 pts

Infantry Squad with Grenade Launcher and Autocannon
    65 pts

65 pts

Heavy Weapon Squad with 3 Lascannons
    105 pts

Infantry Platoon B
    Platoon Command Squad with 4 Meltaguns
    70 pts
    55 pts

65 pts

65 pts

Heavy Weapon Squad with 3 Autocannons
    75 pts

Veteran Squad with 3 Meltaguns
    100 pts
    55 pts

Fast Attack
    Vendetta Gunship
    130 pts

Vendetta Gunship
    130 pts

Heavy Support
    2 Leman Russ Battletanks
    300 pts

2 Leman Russ Demolishers
    330 pts

Manticore Rocket Launcher
    160 pts

Total: 1995 pts

I'd like to get some special weapon squads with flamers in the vendettas, but I also don't really want to take anything out to get them. THey could still be usefull as mobile lascannons though. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Der_Kaiser; November 14th, 2010 at 00:19.
    The enemy's gate is down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Unless I misread my codex, a CCS may only take one heavy weapon.

I think that the Manticore might be out of sync with the rest of this force. You run the risk of hitting your forward elements with the pie plates. Maybe a Hellhound or another Vendetta might be a better choice. You could then split the Demolishers into seperate units. That would also leave you with a few more points to play with.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

Unless I misread my codex, a CCS may only take one heavy weapon.
    Whoops my bad. I guess I read "2 squad members may form a heavy weapon team" and didn't get that that meant only 2 squad memebers. Replace the 2nd Auto with 2 GLs then.

My plan originally was to have the chimeltas, demolishers and vendettas hit one flank while the Russes, Infantry, and Manticore shell the crap out of the other flank. I don't think there'd be too big a chance of clipping my forward stuff in that case, but I also haven't tried it out yet, so I wouldn't really know. Another thing I was considering was a pair of hydras in its place. Our greatest strength seems to be that we can mass melta, autocannons, and pie plates at the same time, so I figured that 5-7 pie plates a turn would be...intimidating to say the least. But that is a valid point. I'll try a few proxies as I get closer to having 2000 points.
    The enemy's gate is down

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Kaiser View Post
    Whoops my bad. I guess I read "2 squad members may form a heavy weapon team" and didn't get that that meant only 2 squad memebers. Replace the 2nd Auto with 2 GLs then.

My plan originally was to have the chimeltas, demolishers and vendettas hit one flank while the Russes, Infantry, and Manticore shell the crap out of the other flank. I don't think there'd be too big a chance of clipping my forward stuff in that case, but I also haven't tried it out yet, so I wouldn't really know. Another thing I was considering was a pair of hydras in its place. Our greatest strength seems to be that we can mass melta, autocannons, and pie plates at the same time, so I figured that 5-7 pie plates a turn would be...intimidating to say the least. But that is a valid point. I'll try a few proxies as I get closer to having 2000 points.
    I think the Hydras replacement has some merit. It would give you a lot of shots at range with the added perk of being able to ignore cover saves for fast movement. This will help you shut down bikes and jetbikes pretty handily. It will also deal with other guard players and their scouting vendettas .
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread