<1000 1K BA mech/assault list, wanting to expand - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1K BA mech/assault list, wanting to expand

So, I've got my 1,000pts list pretty much figured out; it won a local random doubles tourney, winning 3 out of 4 games, drawing the fourth. It's not a typical BA list, and is as follows;

HQ
    Librarian - 100
    Fear of the Darkness, Might of Heroes

Elites
    Sternguard - 150
    5 Sternguard, Sgt; Powerfist
    Razorback - 90
    [i]Lascannon, Twin-Linked Plasma Gun[i]

Troops
    Assault Squad - 215
    10 Marines; 1x Melta, Sgt; Power Weapon

Assault Squad - 130
    5 Marines; 1x Flamer, Sgt; Power Weapon, Hand Flamer
    Razorback - 20
    Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer

Scout Squad - 139
    8 Scouts; 3 Shotguns, 4 CCW/BP Sgt; Powerfist, Shotgun

Fast Attack
    Baal Predator - 155
    Heavy Bolters, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Total - 999Pts

Now, I want to push the army upto 1500, and then to 2k, but I'm not sure what to use. I already have 5 assault vets, armed with a variety of weapons (and jump packs, of course) , 5 DC without many upgrades (Jump packs again, and a Fist) , a Chaplain, a Captain, and a Furioso with a frag cannon.
    So, my army won't go far by just using what I have, so I think it's about investment time, but here's where I'm stuck. I just haven't got enough experience with the BA (or SMEQs) to know what to get. Some anti-tank firepower would be nice, to which end I'm considering a couple of Speeders, probably with missile launchers. Expensive (points and models) but I think they're cool, and more flexible than a melta. Perhaps even a Stormraven, if I can scramble together enough money for the insane conversion it would take.

So, fellow BA and SM players/experienced knower-howers, I cast my doubts to you - what the hell do I need in my list to take on the much bigger, horrible..er things in larger lists?

Last edited by Varlen; November 16th, 2010 at 12:28.
    Quantity has a Quality all of its own - Josesph Stallin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

It's a pretty good list, all things considered.

I like Fear of the Darkness, but Might of Heroes seems to constantly disappoint me. Consider switching to Sanguine Sword or Unleash Rage. Also, consider Shield of Sanguinius (it works on your vehicles.)

As for your troops, the ten man assault squad seems lacking. Consider giving the power weapon to the scouts and the powerfist to the Assault Sergeant (he'll live long enough to use it better.) Scouts are often best used as fire support. Consider trying out some snipers one day, I love 'em.

The Baal predator is good but it might get caught up being the only 'heavy' armor in your army. Consider dropping the scouts all together to get another tank (probably a AC/LC predator.) It'll leave you troop light but lead with your Sternguard since they can't take objectives.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

+ Reply to Thread