<1000 Dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Angels

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Dark Angels

So I am looking at what to paint next in my heap of models. I want to put together a 1000 point list to play with while I finish up on all the other stuff. So, here are two lists that I have some up with, any input would be much appreciated.

List 1

Belial

5 deathwing terminators
    +assautl cannon

Dread
    +multi melta

10 tactical marines
    +melta gun
    +lascannon

3 ravenwing bikes
    +power fist
    +melta gun
    +Attack Bike
    -multi melta

Predator
    +heavy bolter side sponsens

total = 995

List 2

Belial

5 deathwing terminators
    +assautl cannon

Dread
    +multi melta

10 tactical marines
    +power weapon
    +plasma pistol
    +melta gun
    +lascannon

5 scouts
    +4 snipers
    +missle launcher

3 ravenwing bikes
    +power fist
    +melta gun

total = 1000

Ultimately the stategy will be to move the bike into position to take out either heavy troops or tanks while getting into position for the Terminators to Deathing Assault. The terminators are more of a shooty unit/clean up crew(plus I just like them I like the list with the Predator because it gives me anti infantry and something to take shots away from the other stuff. The Dred will be strictly heavy support. I really like the idea of the Attack bike in List 1 too, with one more teleport homer on the table and another heavy weapon. The scouts in the second list I like as anti troop/objective capturers.

The Tactical squad is one I have thought about for awile now. Is the Las cannon needed with all the melta weapons. I was thinking that in both lists a missile launcher might be more useful. If I did that I could add A plasma Pistol to the vet in List 1.

Anyway, let me know what you all think!

Last edited by Brother_Kendo; November 17th, 2010 at 04:45.

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there Brother Kendo I like the 1st list more, though I would like to suggest a couple of changes.
    I think you are right about the lascannon, downgrade that to a missile launcher and give the ravenwing squad another melta gun, if they are going tank/MC hunting might as well have them do it right.
    If the dread is a pure support role I think the multimelta on it might be the wrong choice, I always liked assault cannons on them but that's just me.
    You might struggle a bit in objective missions as you have a max of 3 scoring units but unless you drop the dread or the bikers there's not much you can do. On top of that only the termis have a way of getting across the board quickly and that's deep striking, so maybe another 5 man squad and rhinos would be good.
    And the last thing I noticed is that you have lots of anti tank weapons but they are all very close range, against something like guard you will get shot to pieces from far away, but if you play aggressively enough they may never have a chance haha.

Anyways hope that helps a bit, please take all these as suggestions and by no means things you must do.

Moridius
    He who runs away, shall be inducted into a penal legion to fight another day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

Thanks for the input Moridius. I have given it some thought and here is what I came up with.

List 1 will be the one I will go with. I am dropping the lascannon to a missle launcher and adding another melta gun to the bike squad. I am going to play the list how it is and see how it works. If it proves to be lacking in some speed or over on the heavy weapons I am going to alter the list to look like this.

Belial

5 Deathwing Terms
    +assault cannon

10 Tactical Marines
    +plasma pistol
    +melta gun
    +missle launcher
    +Rhino

Scouts
    +bolt pistols/CC weapons

3 Ravenwing Bikes
    +power fist
    +2 melta guns
    +Attack Bike
    -multi melta

Predator
    +heavy bolter side sponsens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to have helped, my last 2 suggestions are more of a personal preference than anything. I really dont like plasma pistols as they have blown up in my face way too many times so I would remove that and take a powerfist with that sarge, and on the dread i prefer either Assault Cannons or plasma cannons for troop/light transport killing power.

Good luck with the army and post on here how it goes.
    He who runs away, shall be inducted into a penal legion to fight another day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

So I played my first battle with the list I decided on the other day. Took my long enough but yeah.

I played a BA player running all Assault Marines 3 units, librarian, and sang guard. long story short, I was out maneuvered for sure but faired really well. The Pred dealt damage while tying up a unit that assaulted it. The dred killed a 6 total, survived to the last round when it was vehicle destroyed and killed 3 guys. The 3 ravenwing bikes where gone turn 1, while the attack bike caused a unit of 6 to fall back off the table edge lol. The tac squad did quite a bit of damage with just bolter fire and tied them up in CC. The terminators where......well based on the deployment it was not wise to pop them on turn 1. They came in on turn 3 to kill aprox 5 guys in shooting. Belial killed the librarian in CC only to be taken by a force weapon. The rest of the terms fell due to........three 1's for armor saves....what can I say that just sucks!!!! When all was said and done. He only had 3 marines left.

I would say I was happy with the end result. I am a little worried about the survieability of the bikes. I want to play more games and narrow down if I even want to use them in 1000 pt list of a full squad in a 1500pt list.

+ Reply to Thread