<2000 Pure GK 1500 point - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure GK 1500 point

HQ
    GK Brother Captain w/ Holocaust (love it!) (Icon of the just)
    5x Termies

Troops
    Justicar + 6 PAGK x2
    2x Psycannons

Heavy Support
    Land Raider x2
    Smoke Launcherx2

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought
    TLLC
    Smoke Launcher

Total = 1496

Soo obviously its not that great I definetly need help in regards to land raiders but hey thats why I posted, let me know what you think. Although what I was thinking was scrap the dreadnought and psycannons and add another squad of PAGK's

Last edited by xTrailBlazer; November 25th, 2010 at 11:06.
    Hero Up!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

I'm not quite sure where you got the points for your HQ from. The way my calculator added them up I got 357 but no psycannons for that. Only one model can exchange his storm bolter for a psycannon, but if you also give one to the BC, you have to add another 55 points (which would mean your HQ would be a BC with psycannon and 6 termies, one of which has a psycannon - all for the paltry sum of 392 points) .

That said, it looks pretty mean. Two troop choices is always limiting if you are going after objectives, but your LRs and termies can do plenty of killing and contesting of other objectives. All those TLLCs are nice in an army that doesn't have a lot of anti-armour gear. It is similar to a list I have, but that one is 1850 though, meaning I can have that third troop squad. Personally I prefer giving one of the termies an incinerator, put them all in a Land Raider Crusader, drive them right into the enemies faces and unload some Str 5 flames with no cover or invulnerables.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O: that sounds like mad fun. Obviously I have to rethink my hq but i definitely wanna include some psycannons for transport popping's sake soo any adivce there??
    Hero Up!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Well, you have four in your two troop choices, so that's pretty good. If you're dead set on one in your termie retinue, have one less. With a BC and 5 termies, one who has a psycannon, you're left with 25 points. Chuck an extra GK into one of your troop selections with it if you like, or give your BC an Icon of the Just (That has saved me on several occasions - especially with only one wound). Just my two lire worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty soo I took your advice with the icon of the just (btw how do i represent that??) I just wish I could have a tanknought :/
    Hero Up!!!

+ Reply to Thread