<2000 help please 1.5k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help please 1.5k

Ok this is my first list since 4th edition, its been a nightmare trying to work out somehting decent since every other army has become so good and th rules don't favour us much and of course its harder to get th models now and i dnt want to buy anymore as theres bound to be new releases soonish.

Further note: my vehicles i have updated using th imperial armour update (available to download of forgeworld website) so now rhinos and chimeras cost less and all vehicles have smoke launchers and seachlights standard

HQ:
    Canoness 136
    Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St Aspira, BoSL, Frag Grenades, Mantle of Ophelia

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord 215
    psychic hood, Hammerhand and Incinerator (or master crafted combi-plasma?), x3 Acolytes w/ carapace, hellgun, x2 Plasma Warriors, Rhino

Troops:
    Battlesisters 151
    Melta, heavy flamer, superior w/BoSL, bolter,

Battlesisters 151
    Melta, heavy flamer, superior w/BoSL, bolter,

Inducted Infantry Platoon:
    Command Squad 47
    x3 Grenade Launchers, bolt pistol

Infantry Squad 140
    Las Cannon, Plasma gun, Chimera (multi-laser, heavy flamer) {sisters steal in turn one}

Infantry Squad 140
    Lascannon, Plasma gun, Chimera (multilaser, heavy flamer) {sisters steal in turn one}

Infantry 65
    Autocannon, grenade launcher

Fast Attack:
    6 Seraphim 186
    2 hand flamers, superior w/eviscerator, targeter

Heavy support
    Exorcist 135

Exorcist 135

Last edited by cypher371; December 3rd, 2010 at 00:40.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

I don't like using ISTs with sisters because sisters, while more expensive, are better. Faith/Power armor all while still having the option of meltas. Celestians also make for a fantasic melta delivery for around 30 more points, which all things considers ain't to bad considering they're also in an immolator with power armor/faith. Celestine, while a normally fantastic unit, suffers from a major flaw in that she takes 1d6 faith when she dies and if it takes you to zero, you're done. A regular jump cannoness with BoSL/Cloak and an Evis or Blessed weapon will do just as well for 70 points cheaper, which is sad because I love Celestine and think she would be our best unit if she didn't have the faith bomb. The inquisitor is a waste of points. Ld8 psyker with a mediocre power and 3 overproced heavy bolters that really aren't serving any purpose.

In conclusion, what I would do for a better list is drop the inquisitor, the ISTs, and celestine, and add a regular jump cannoness, more battle sisters, and celestians. Also, add a BoSL (Book of St Luscious) to all models that can take it. For 5 points, it's a steal and arguably the best equipment option we have. You don't actually have transports listed for your sister squads, so make sure you add them. If you must foot slog, take groups of 16+ though it's cheaper and better to use rhinos.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the input, I've never really found much use in the book of St Lucius as squads generally use the highest leadership for tests anyway and there are never negative modifiers to LD from shooting attacks, i suppose close combat is what ppl focus on with the books?

WOuld it be worth having retirubutors i have two HB and MM retibutors and plenty of superiors to make a squad, unforturtunately i only have one remaining standard bolter sister left over, so i can't really add much in the way of numbers, though i suppose i could get away with using th storm bolter models as bolters so long as no-one in th army has a storm bolter, would you say its worth having Superiors with bolters + Sarrisas?

Whats ur opinion on having arbites joined by an Eviscerator priest? LIke i said unfortunately i don't have an abundance of Sororitas as i do guardsmen and i'm not willing to by more until i know where we stand, though i'd happily buy more immolators/rhinos
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Sadly, when it comes to Rets, MM are kinda useless, but you can use the model as a heavy flamer, which is nice. The book of St Lucious is nice because it essentially makes you super stubborn, and it's dirt cheap, but the sarrisa is kinda useless. If it were a squad upgrade, maybe, but one model rerolling on the charge? Save your points. The stormbolter models always bothered me because they are pointless, and I generally try my best to convert them or use them as stand in bolters. Try to avoid the priest really, he makes your squishy arbites run into combat and die, which isn't a good thing. When you're buying rhinos, always by an immolator if you can because it's only like $5 more and you get tons of Sisters of battle decor, and the option of either an Immo or a rhino, whenever you want. Doesn't hurt that the SoB rhino is slightly taller then the marine one, so you can hide things behind it better.

Given your situation I would do this: Drop one of the transports on your ISTs and take a heavy support Immolator, stick them in there. Loose the inquisitor and a single SoB squad, and celestine, and add 2 squads of 5 celestines in immolators with meltas. Add a jump cannoness, and make all of your IST 5 man squads in a rhino with 2 meltas (cept the one going in the immo). This should give you enough points for a 3rd celestian squad. That will perform rather well imo, 4 immos, 3 rhinos, and 2 exos with 12 meltas, 5 heavy flamers and 3 regular flamers topped with 8 faith. Yea, that sounds nice =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

WHile I agree with Ikbuh on a few things here are some other options to consider that I have done and had work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher371 View Post
    Ok this is my first list since 4th edition, its been a nightmare trying to work out somehting decent since every other army has become so good and th rules don't favour us much and of course its harder to get th models now and i dnt want to buy anymore as theres bound to be new releases soonish.

Further note: my vehicles i have updated using th imperial armour update (available to download of forgeworld website) so now rhinos and chimeras cost less and all vehicles have smoke launchers and seachlights standard

HQ:
    Celestine

Elites:
    Inquisitor 160
    psychic hood,scourging, bolt pistol, 3 heavy bolter servitors, 3 acolytes,
    If your going to take an inquisitor for the PH (as it seems) take a DH Inquisitor and have 2 heirophants to boost your Leadership back up to 10 to fight the warp. then take a Plasma cannon for some pie splatting and a heavy bolter with 2 sages so you can re-roll the scatter if it doesnt end well for you. Make sure to take a Psycannon with the Inquisitor so you essentially have your 3 gun servos still plus anti psychic goodness. If you think your opponent will have deepstrikers drop someone and pull in a mystic for the free shots within 4D6 of their landing in proxi of the Inq.
    Troops:
    Battlesisters 152
    flamer, heavy flamer, superior w/storm bolter
    I dont see transports so if they are footslogging i would not recommend flame weapons as they are very short range and likely to not make the trek across the table. Try additional storm bolters or meltaguns unless you throw the girls in a ride then flamers are fine.
    Battlesisters 152
    flamer, heavy flamer, superior w/storm bolter

5 storm troopers 105
    2 meltas, rhino

5 storm troopers 125
    2 flamers, chimera

5 storm troopers 150
    2 plasma guns, veteran w/plas pistol, chimera

Fast Attack:
    6 Seraphim 185
    2 hand flamers, superior w/eviscerator

Heavy support
    Exorcist 135

Exorcist 135
    I didnt see any upgrades for vehicles but make sure you take extra armor on ALL vehicles. Its like going to a gun fight with extra ammo, its just a good idea and can save your ass. Again like Ikbuh said, BoSL is your friend and yes it is primarily used in close combat but can be used when select enemy forces force you to take a test and maybe even at a neg modifier. I cant tell you how many people cry cheese when something they do should have broken my sisters and made them run but for 5 pts they stick around and kick ass.

You could swap out the saint for a canoness and points wise probably should. I know the thought of her coming back is appealing but the "faith bomb" as Ikbuh put it is too huge for a small point list like this really. A canoness with a JP cant hit and run with the seraphim but she could still tear out some hulls with them if they go tank hunting given the right gear.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Righto i was plamnnig to jut buy immolators for my rhinos as the extra £2 is definitely worth it. How about inducting An infantry platoon instead of stormies and then having th sisters steal chimeras?

In regards to extra armour as i'm using the imperial armour update extra armour costs 15pts so i'm afraid i can't justify those points...

Liking the sound of the DH inquisitor, i've also just ordered two melta sisters so i should expect them any time soon, that will help, right i'll make modifcations above and see what you guys think?
    Win Loss Ratios:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick thing about Hierophants and leadership: You can only raise it 1 point, so Ld9 is max for a regular inquisitor.

/Cheers!
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LtCariad View Post
    Just a quick thing about Hierophants and leadership: You can only raise it 1 point, so Ld9 is max for a regular inquisitor.

/Cheers!
    very true, glad i figured may as well have a lord lol, any comments on the edited version of the list?
    Win Loss Ratios:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by LtCariad View Post

/Cheers!
    hmm i have been playing that wrong as i misread it. Since it says to a max of 10 i guess i read into it that it was cumulative but indeed it does say if he has one OR MORE he gets +1 LD so yes LD9 from a Hierophant.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

+ Reply to Thread