<1000 1k first space marine list need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k first space marine list need help

hey there all i usually play guard but i was at the store last sat and out of the blue the space marine codex came into my hand any who i made a list and i want an opinion i wana keep the theme of chapter master with a bodyguard type of thing going.....anyway so here it is

HQ
    chaptermaster- 208
    relicblade ,stormbolter ,storm shield ( not sure if thats a legal combination if not by by storm bolter?)jump pack artificiar armor

honur guard- 240
    5man
    relic blade on champoin

troops

10-man tac squad-205
    melta ,rhino

10-man tac squad-205
    melta,rhino

assualt squad-100
    i have not bought any models yet so i was also wondering how to make save money and also what do i use as honur guard cuz i dont want to use ultra smurffs and there is no honur guard box set out there

ok i have 42 points left and i dont know what to do any help????

Last edited by lordcreed; December 3rd, 2010 at 06:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: He is very expensive and joining the footslogging honour guard he won't use the jump pack. I would ditch him for a cheap librarian or jump pack chaplin. The honourguard too are expensive. compare them to 5 assault terminators and you see how costly they are. Termies also get better shooty weapons or assault termies can mix TH/SS and L-Claws.

Troops: Good. Perhapse add PWs or PFs. If you are planning to combatsquad them then take razorbacks instead of rhinos and look at plasma cannon or lascannon for the static elements.

Fast: With the points saved from the HQ get 5 more guys, a PF and possibly a flamer or two. Attack bikes with MMs are also a decent choice.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lordcreed View Post
    relicblade ,stormbolter ,storm shield ( not sure if thats a legal combination if not by by storm bolter?)jump pack artificiar armor
    Madcat has you pretty well covered, but didn't mention this - it's not legal, you only have two weapons to swap out (bolt pistol/gun, chainsword) and you've replaced them with 3 options (rblade, stormbolter, stormshield). Personally I'd drop the stormshield, and swap the stormbolter for a combi-weapon.

I have a real dislike for stormbolters, as they cost 3 points which usually leaves you with 2 points unspendable. I'd rather pay 5 points for them! lol
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The honourguard too are expensive. compare them to 5 assault terminators and you see how costly they are
    after hearing that it makes me think that honur guard are a total waste of points.... am i right???? and if not when would the be worth takeing
    Last edited by lordcreed; December 4th, 2010 at 03:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is my revised list.......im thinking of not rolling it now more and more but hey who knows im the newb at space marines

HQ
    chapter master -173
    rblade storm B art armor

honur guard -115
    no upgrades 3man
    in a drop pod
    troops
    10-man tac squad-205
    melta ,missleL ,rhino

10-man tac squad-205
    melta, missleL ,rhino

fast attack
    veteran vanguard squad -175
    5man with jump packs

scout bike squad-90
    combi melta cluster mines

any better .......im starting to think not i know that the honor guard are a point sink ....but i love would love to model some and im pretty hell bent on a shapter master althou i am starting to think a librarian is better.....sry for my hard-headed-ness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rinos look like your trying to run Chimeltas when, as Mad Cat said, the razorbacks will give you a lot more firepower if you combat squad your marines and three men in a drop pod with the label honor guard, sounds to me like a really easy kill point for your opponent. i would think of dropping the honor guard for some assault troops to support your V-Vets

Blood Angels W4-L1-D2
    Tyranids W2-L0-D1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lordcreed View Post
    after hearing that it makes me think that honur guard are a total waste of points.... am i right???? and if not when would the be worth takeing
    They're not a total waste - but there are a lot better options in the codex.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread