<1000 400pts combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400pts combat patrol

hey people...my local g/w is thinking about doing a combat patrol tourney and that got me thinking if guard ae any good in games as low as 400pts...heres the list i have made up

Platoon- rocket launcher

2 squads -rocket launchers

Heavy weapons team -3 auto cannons

yes its just one troops choise but thats all you need in combat patrol ....and good and bad points are welcome ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

To be honest Rocket Launchers aren't all that great. Bs3 pretty much kills their eficiency and they're not exactly cheap either. You might be best off swapping these for Autocannons and G-Launchers in your Infantry squads.

As for your HWS, it's alot of pain but they might just not be needed in that quantity. These boys are transpor/light tank killers. Most people will be feilding 1-2 Transports at most so you don't need 3 squads. Especially if you've got Autocannons/M-Launchers in your Infantry squads as well.

I'd be tempted to just grab one HWS or take 2 more infantry squads with Autocannons to give you some more bodies. More Lasguns is never a bad thing either!!

A cheap tank would be cool too. Griffons or Hydras are amazing in combat patrol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Combat Patrol/ 40k in 40 mins is all kinds of awesome, I can't recommend it to more people. Had a quick tourny just this week at my local GW infact.

I would agree with my learned friend Borak, Hydras are infact made of winner-ness at this points level, not so sure about the griffon tbh, but 2 would be rather tasty. The Chimera hull is really the best you can do in Combat Patrol

I ran with 2 vets squads in chims, 1 with meltas, 1 with plasmas, and a hydra, for a nice round 400pts. I found it did quite well in a field of space pups, space vamps, orks (although looters are rather nasty when you've only got AV12 max...) Nids and Tau.

+ Reply to Thread