<1000 1000 points BA (2k point doubles with Spacewolves) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points BA (2k point doubles with Spacewolves)

Ok, need some list advice / C&C. You guys have been gold in the past, the ork list you helped me create placed 4th overall in the last tournament (MASSIVE improvement). I'm playing in a 2000 point doubles tourney (1000 per player). Only requirements per player is each has 1 HQ and one troops choice (the rest follows standard FO combined, I.E. up to 3 elites/support per SIDE). Me and my partner decided to go Blood Angels/Space wolves, and we are trying to finish our joint list, but a lot of his list, depends on mine. We figured the strength of the BA was in their speed units. Here is what I know for sure:

Partner (Space wolves)
    1 HQ (either a Lord or Rune Priest)
    1 Grey hunters unit
    at least 1 Long fangs unit

My core

2 - 10 man assault squads. Each has 2 melta guns (might switch one melta to one plasma per unit for more flexibility) and a the sargeant has a powerfist. Flexible, fast, and decent tank busting capabilities.
    2 Sanguinary Priests (one per squad), each with a jump pack. (FNP+ Furious charge is gold for the 2 squads)

= 620 points.

This leaves me with the HQ/support section, and there are too many options here. I can't figure out what to take. I need one HQ and we decided that I would also take at least one armor choice (mainly for anti horde reasons). This is what I need help on. Here are my options so far

Option 1: Sanguinor, Predator w H.Bolters. (don't necissarily like this one, but the Sanguinor is a good bullet magnet and very survivable, plus buffs.)
    2: Daka Predator, Reculsiarch w jump pack, Chaplain with jump pack. ( 1 per squad, rerolls on charge, plus power weapons and invulns, makes the Assault units BEAST.)
    3:Astorath, Baal predator with H. bolters OR a Vindicator. (Good buffer/HQ killer + Anti horde)
    4:Astorath, Daka Predator, Landspeeder w 2 heavy bolters. (Better anti horde, albeit more fragile)
    5aka Preditor, 5 man assault squad in a razorback, Gabriel Seth (Seth with the assault squad to shore them up, str 8 rending gives them CC and anti vehicle capabilities).

I have too many options. I'm open to any others I didn't list, but i need at least 1 HQ and one Armor choice. For instance I've looked at Dante (to land a squad right next to a juicy tank with his deepstrike rule), and a cheap Librarian, a rifleman Dread, etc... Basically, spend 380 points on an HQ, armor and some filler to best compliment 2 good assault squads. The armor should be more anti horde based (lotsa dice, or pie plates). Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

If your partner has the mobility to support it, the chappy+priest assault squad would be deadly! Stick with the meltaguns for armour busting and the powerfist + PW will kill almost everything thrown at you. Not to mention tons of rerollable S5 attacks!!

- Dimitri

+ Reply to Thread