<2000 Imperial Guards - 1750 Mech List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guards - 1750 Mech List

Dear All,

I would like to get some feedback on my Mech list.

The idea is an Elite Panzer Division.

I would appreciate all feedback.

HQ: 205
    Company Command Squad
    - Officer of the Fleet
    - 4x Plasma
    - Plasma Pistol
    - Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

TROOP: 465
    Veteran Squad
    - 3x Meltas
    - Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

Veteran Squad
    - 3x Meltas
    - Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

Veteran Squad
    - 3x Melta
    - Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

FAST ATTACK: 240
    Devil Dog
    Devil Dog

HEAVY: 840
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    + Lascanon

Leman Russ Demolisher
    + Lascanon

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    + Lascanon

Leman Russ Demolisher
    + Lascanon

Hydra Flak Tank
    Hydra Flak Tank

/J

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youve got redundancy, and thats good.However, I'd suggest avoiding squadroning vehicles.Immobilised results becoming wrecks is pretty big. By dropping 2 of the tanks to desquadron them (Id say its ok to leave the hydras squadroned, theyre light enough already), you free up some points to take another chimelta squad or a vendetta, or two vendettas.then you can drop the lascannons from your russes since youll have 3-6 twinlinked ones on the vendettas (think like stukas, air support.One of the keys in blitzkrieg tactics, combined forces).

Devil Dogs as anti-tank...theyre fairly cheap, theyre fast, but theyre fairly light and theyre short range.Being lightly armored isnt so much of an issue for vehicles sporting longer ranged guns, but if youre within 12 inches for the melta rule, then youre dreadfully close to nasty assaulty units, or against shooty armiese, you have to wonder if youll get close enough and survive long enough to shoot more than once or twice.Vendettas are only slightly more expensive, and are much more efficient at tank hunting.With their scout move, you can always guarantee good shots,usuallydenying cover to vehicles.They also are even faster than devil dogs when they turbo, giving you a little more range to contest objectives with a turbo.

Looks pretty solid aside from the squadron immobilisation thing.
    Last edited by Chain Templar; December 7th, 2010 at 00:34.
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Squadroning tanks below 2000 points is seldom a good idea (hydras and ordinance tanks are an exception due to their relatively low cost). Personally, I would swap out the lascannons on the Demolishers and use the points to put hull multimeltas on the Devildogs. Those points aside, it looks like a solid list. I think that dropping two tanks in exchange for more vets is probably the best way to go. If you can manage it, consider arming one of the vet squads with plasmaguns for anti TEQ work.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread