<2000 Space Wolves Army List - 1750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves Army List - 1750pts

So this is my first game in a looooong time. Here's what I've put together, I'd value some feedback.

UNIT 1
    15 Blood Claws - 2 Meltaguns, Powerfist
    Wolf Priest - plasma pistol (on model unfortunately), wolftooth necklace, melta bombs, runic armour
    Rune Priest - chooser of the slain, wolftooth necklace, wolf tail talisman, terminator armour, master of the runes with storm caller and living lightning
    Razorback - extra armour, TL assault cannon (obviously riding empty)

UNITS 2
    9 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, wolf standard, mark of wulfen
    Wolf Guard Pack Leaer - powerfist
    Rhino

UNITS 3+4
    2x5 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, wolf standard, mark of wulfen
    2xWolf Guard Pack Leader - powerfist
    2xRazorback

UNIT 5
    Long Fang Squad Leader
    4 Long Fangs with Missle Launchers
    Wolf Guard Pack Leader - Terminator Armour, Cyclone Missle Launcher
    Razorback - extra armour, TL assault cannon (obviously riding empty)

2x Land Speeder Tornados - heavy flamer, multimelta

TOTAL: 1747 points

Not sure what I'm playing yet.

Some details of a rough plan and my thinking behind the choices:
    • Empty Razorbacks providing some cover for Blood claw and Rhino advance via shooting and physical presence, and/or draw attention away from Long Fangs.
    • Rune Priest can use storm caller for cover save of Blood claws.
    • Move Rhino with Grey Hunters up to middle board area, deploy start of second turn.
    • Tornados move around flanks and go for heavy support tanks, keeping to cover when suitable. Long Fangs and Land Speeders go for tank-like stuff.
    • Wolf Guard in T.Armour with Long Fangs to take up a few shots. Cyclone Missle Launcher enables him to count as 2 guys and shot from afar.
    • Razorbacks go for infantry (2 heavy bolters, 2 TL Assault Cannons).
    • Smaller GH packs are less punchy than big squards so will need to be played differently - holding objectives?
    But it's been a while so not sure if this is balanced enough. Should I consider a dreadnought, or more rune priests, more long fangs? Or maybe some Scouts? Should I go for slightly smaller units so as to have another unit?

Would value comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

From a personal point of view, take out the Wolf Priest and Blood Claws. I would also get some lascannons in there, on the Razorbacks and two in your longfangs squad. Personally, I might consider, at 1750 points, taking Njal Stormcaller or another special character as well. Those guys are all beasts!
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda feel that taking out the WP and BC might take away the CC punch I'm looking for. A few lascannons would be nice, so could either swap the assault cannons for lascannons, but are the longfangs enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I would replace the BC unit with grey hunters led by a wolfguard with fist and add the priest to them. I did the same thing when I first started space wolves thinking that all those attacks on the charge would make up for their poorer skill. I soon went to just using grey hunters though. The extra weapon skill is pretty important both offensively and defensively.

Plus a unit of grey hunters with mark of the wulfen and led by a wolf guard and priest would still be so beastly.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread