<2000 1000 point elysian drop troopers list from IA8 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point elysian drop troopers list from IA8

This is my list created purely from IA8 the raid on kastorel novem. Any notable changes are noted beside them, but not in too much detail to avoid any copyright stuff. Here it is:

CCS - 99
    Auxilary grenade launchers X 3 - 12" grenade launchers; frag only, one shot
    Plasma gun
    Carapace armour

Veteran squad - 170
    lascutter - str 9 powerfist that never misses vehicles
    Plasma guns X 3
    Demolitions Doctrine
    Auxilary grenade launchers X 5

Valkyrie - troop transport - 125
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolter sponsons

Veteran squad - 170
    lascutter - str 9 powerfist that never misses vehicles
    plasma gun X 3
    Demolitions Doctrine
    Auxilary grenade launchers X 5

Valkyrie - troop transport - 125
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolter sponsons

Vulture gunship - like a valkyrie, but dedicated gunship - 130
    Multiple rocket pods X 4

TOTAL: 989

Any suggestions? FYI, everyone I usually play lets me use this list, so no trolling please.

Last edited by Aun'Vre; December 10th, 2010 at 01:08.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I really tried to love the IA8 Elysian list but it isn't that competetive. You may be better with the standard guard codex unless you really wish to deepstrike standard infantry or take democharges in platoon squads. Still, let's have a look.

HQ: Are these guys on foot? I don't see a transport for them. They will be left behind on foot and have nobody to give orders to. You could deepstrike them of course. The scanner is just an easy kill point and will not survive the first unit that shoots it.

Troops: Don't put flamers on BS4 veterans and heavy flamers are very expensive. Take 3 meltas or plasmas because when you get out of the skimmer you must shred the nearby enemy completely or risk being killed next turn. The demo charge and massed GLs will help. Your transports are ok but vendettas are so much better and you have free fast attack slots so why not?

Heavy: Hellstrikes suck as you only can fire one per turn and no other weapons at all. They are an ordnance weapon so they are a complete waste of time. Again a vendetta will do the job of a vulture much better and it can even take the CCS in the passenger bay. The best vulture variants are 4 rocket pods or the punnisher variant but both are antihorde. If you took vendettas for the troops then this may be worth it.

Generally I would look and cutting the point cost of your units by dropping demo, HF, Aux GLs etc and pling those points into a cheap platoon to deepstrike. 4 flamer PCS and 2x 1 GL infantry squads can deepstrike and handle hordes but most importantly they will increase your model count.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, fair points. From the top:
    1. Sorry, forgot to put the transport in. But rest assured, it is included in the points. I will add it promptly.
    2. The idea is that the enemy is far too preoccupied with the bulk of my army to be bothered with 4 blokes in some cover. Besides, I always play anhialation or one objective games.
    3. Flamer point is fine, I will change them to plasmas.
    4. It's only a 1000 point list; I don't think the massed AT firepower of the vendetta is nescasary bearing in mind I usually play armies with maybe 1 AV 12 vehicle, if any.
    5. I will see what I can do about the vulture, but the FW model is too cool to not have one.

UPDATED - please note 11 points are unspent
    Last edited by Aun'Vre; December 10th, 2010 at 01:10.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread