<2000 1500pt BA Blood Hammer List (Feedback Wanted) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pt BA Blood Hammer List (Feedback Wanted)

I’ve been looking to create a small and effective jump pack army, originally I was looking at a full jumper army but I’ve recently found this variant on the web which looks more effective. While throwing in a firebase of Devastators gives the army less of a punch in combat the devastators provide important firepower to deal with the jumper army’s greatest weaknesses (MCs, Dreadnoughts, really fast armies like Eldar/DE).

I’m also thinking that I do need more marines so for 1750 I’ll add another Assault squad. Maybe instead of giving the sergeant a Infernus pistol give the Sanguinary Guard a chapter banner, or give two devastators lascannons for that BS5 shot.

HQ
    125 Librarian:
    Jump Pack, Lance & Shield of Sanguinius

ELITE
    200 - 3 Sanguinary Priests:
    2x Jump Packs
    230 - Sanguinary Guard: Powerfist, 2x Infernus Pistols

TROOPS
    235 - 10 Assault Marines:
    Power Fist & 2x Meltaguns
    235 - 10 Assault Marines: Power Fist & 2x Meltaguns

HEAVY SUPPORT
    210 - 10 Devastators:
    4x Missile Launchers
    130 - 5 Devastators: 4x Missile Launchers

Total Pts: 1495
    Total No: 49
    Kill Pts: 10

ADDITIONAL FORCES
    250 - 10 Assault Marines:
    Power Fist & Infernus Pistol, 2x Meltaguns

Total Pts: 1745
    Total No: 59
    Kill Pts: 11

I'd be grateful for any feedback on the following questions…
    • What do you think to the list?
    • How does it compare to 'all jumper' BA lists?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It's not bad. What I'd suggest doing though is replacing the 5 extra guys from the first Devastator squad and the packless Priest with a second Librarian. Your backfield guys don't really need the coverage so much, but your frontfield guys could benifit from have that extra psyker in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might benefit by changing the Sang guard to honour guard..you get the priests free and dont lose much

could potentially save enough points for an epistolary upgrade,or a razorback to assist the devs.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I think you definitely have the right idea, to provide supporting firepower for your assaulters instead of trying to overload your opponent with point-blank-only units. Even against more traditional opponents, they can break transports open to guarantee your Assault Squads can hit the passengers instead of being stuck in the open after charging the transport. My only issue is that two scoring units really isn't enough at 1500 points. I would drop the Sanguinary Guard for a Tactical or Scout Squad to hold your home objective with. No Razorback for the Tactical Squad, though; better no vehicles than one light vehicle.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

I’m very happy with the current list as I don‘t have to rely so heavily on the devastators at the back. I‘ve already got a lot of armies that are shooting based and this army was heading in the same direction so I’m after something different so better to have more close quarter fighters than ranged supporters…

HQ
    125 Librarian:
    Jump Pack, Lance & Shield of Sanguinius

ELITE
    200 - 3 Sanguinary Priests:
    2x Jump Packs
    230 - Sanguinary Guard: Powerfist, 2x Infernus Pistols

TROOPS
    235 - 10 Assault Marines:
    Power Fist & 2x Meltaguns
    235 - 10 Assault Marines: Power Fist & 2x Meltaguns
    (Extra 10 Assault Marines + upgrades for 1750pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    130 - 5 Devastators:
    4x Missile Launchers
    But now I’m torn between where to invest the points from the 10 man devastator squad.

205 - Honor Guard: Jump Packs and 4x Meltaguns
    This squad is a nice anti-tank killer and fire magnet, plus I could drop the 2nd jump pack priest and equip them with storm shields and turn them into a nasty but expensive unit, or spend points on a scout squad or expendable extras for the devastators?

-- or --

210 - 5 Vanguard Veterans: Sergeant with Power Fist, 2x Power Weapons, Melta Bomb and Jump Packs
    I’ve heard good things about Vanguard Vets, their heroic intervention is a great way to tie up an enemy unit or even multi-charge stationary vehicles, they’re a nasty surprise that can make a big difference when played right?

Your thoughts, cause I certainally want to invest in one of these units?

+ Reply to Thread