<2000 1.5k vanilla marines need help im a newb - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5k vanilla marines need help im a newb

hello i am new to the space marine world and i would like a second opinion on my army list

HQ-captain-165
    storm shield, R-blade, jump pack

chaplain-130
    terminator armor

troops

tactiacl squad A -205
    10man with missle launcher, flamer drop pod

tactical squad B -205
    10 man with missle launcher , flamer ,rhino

scout squad -75
    all with combat blades

elites

assualt terminator squad-200
    with lightning claws

sternguard vet squad-150
    all with combi meltas

dreadnought-105
    multi melta, CC weapon with flamer

fast attack

assualt squad-125
    5 man sergent has power fist

scout bike squad-95
    3 man with locator beacon

total= 1455 i dont know what to get with the remaining points any ideas
    heavy critisizm is ok i learn better that way

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lordcreed View Post
    HQ-captain-165
    storm shield, R-blade, jump pack
    Good Presumably he's going to hang with the assault squad?
    chaplain-130
    terminator armor
    Again, good - but 1500 pts might not need two HQ choices. Drop him.
    tactiacl squad A -205
    10man with missle launcher, flamer drop pod
    Add a powerfist to the sergeant... and with only one drop pod, they're going to get cut off and die quickly. You're probably better with a Razorback so the ML can stay back and shoot with 4 buddies while the rest rocks forward
    tactical squad B -205
    10 man with missle launcher , flamer ,rhino
    Good, although add a powerfist - I like a Razorback/Rhino pair so this fits in with my earlier advice.
    scout squad -75
    all with combat blades
    I personally would go with sniper rifles, a heavy bolter and camo cloaks. Scouts don't really make good CC units, especially in a block of 5.
    assualt terminator squad-200
    with lightning claws
    These really need transport, as they'll be too slow - and won't survive deep striking. I'd also recommend swapping 3 for Thunderhammer/Stormshield if you keep them, although I'd drop them.
    sternguard vet squad-150
    all with combi meltas
    Good, although I'd get them transport too - Razorback would be ideal.
    dreadnought-105
    multi melta, CC weapon with flamer
    Too short ranged for something without a drop pod.
    assualt squad-125
    5 man sergent has power fist
    Half squads don't really get the job done, and you haven't taken your special weapon options...
    scout bike squad-95
    3 man with locator beacon
    Doesn't really add anything.

Summary: Get powerfists in your tactical squads, up your assault squad to 10 men and add 2 special weapons (either flamer or melta). Drop the terminators and the chaplain, give the drop pod to the dreadnaught, drop the scout bikes and replace them with proper bikes. Oh, and get everything that walks in a transport.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk if you know but assualt squads can only take either a flamer of a plasme pistol and personaly i wouldnt wana cut into the attacks portion of the squad and as for the terminators being to slow thats what the locator beacon is for so the can safely deep strike and like i said i still have 45 points so i could possibly take another locator with a pod....althou yes a drop pod for the dreadnaut will be ideal after your review and im not sure about the thunderhammers the reason i rolled a chaplain is to allow the termies to re roll there hits as well as the wounds thanks to the lightning claws the thunder hammers are really slow but i do see your point for hard hitting inf but my prefference is not hard hitting inf but fast hitting and more than likly going to wound is likely to cause a unit to fall back althou i will prolly drop the scout squad run a razor back with the sternguard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Termi's or put them into a raider, because there is to much out there thats going to make this squad useless specially being CC termi's. They will get shot up and dropped long before they ever make it into close combat. CC scouts are going to get wiped everytime and will under perform for you. As was stated earlier take them with sniper rifles and cloaks. You will be a lot happier with the outcome using them as long range fire support then sending in the weakest guys to fight. I would drop the Chaplain or the Captain since that would open up some more points for you and 2 HQ is not super essential. If you keep the Captain give him Artificer Armour or Terminator Armour and drop the jump pack dont put him in with your assault marines you want him with your terminators since thats the closest thing to a deathstar unit you have. I would take the drop pod from your tactical squad and give it to your dreadnought. That way your dread can pod in right behind your worst threat and fast melta explosion. If your five man assault squad is going to hang back and support your other squads you will be ok with just five, but if you plan on them charging the enemy they are going to have serious problems. I personally run Meltaguns in my tac squads, but thats a personal prefrence to deal with enemy armour. Hope the suggestions helped, and good luck! Oh as far as deepstriking assault terminators if you do that they will never make it to the next round, if your playing a smart opponent they will pick them off as soon as they are in. One turn of your termis sitting there eating rounds is never good.
    Last edited by Brother Captain Tom; December 20th, 2010 at 17:29.
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

+ Reply to Thread