<2000 BA: 3x 1500pt List - which is best (feedback wanted) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA: 3x 1500pt List - which is best (feedback wanted)

Hi all. I have been painting away furiously over the past week as it is now summer holidays in Australia, and have been developing some lists. I have the models for the first two lists, and made the third for fun because I like the idea of stormraven gunships.

Anyways, which one do you think is the best? Most balanced? Best against: horde? armoured columns? meqs? eldar?

My main opponent plays eldar wraithwall, and I know that I can crush him with a jump pack army (libby, sanguinary guard, 10 assault marines, 8 dc, 10 tacticals, baal pred, dc dread), but I feel like trying other stuff - I really like the idea of a fast armoured column, as all BA vehicles based on a rhino have the fast special rule.

Armoured Column 1500pts

HQ
    Librarian Medeis: Jump Pack 125pts

Elites
    Sanguinary Guard: Death Masks, Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols, banner 285pts

Troops
    10 Tactical Marines Squad Scutum: 290pts
    Combat Squad A: Power fist, melta gun, razorback, TL lascannon (OR assault cannon?)
    Combat Squad B: missile launcher

10 Tactical Marines Squad Certa: 275pts
    Combat Squad A: Plasma gun, Razorback, TL Lascannon (Or assault cannon?)
    Combat Squad B: Plasma Cannon

10 Assault Marines: Power sword, combat shield, Infernus pistol, handflamer 225pts

Fast Attack

Baal Predator: Flamestorm, Heavy Flamer sponsons 140pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator: Siege Shield 160pts

Notes on first list: The idea is the combat squads avoid combat at all costs, sticking to their razorbacks, hopping out, shooting, driving etc. while the other stuff deals with combat. The librarian goes with the sanguinary guard, providing an elite assault unit, and the assault squad deals with other stuff. I think I have enough AT and the Baal provides anti horder, and the vindicator sits there, popping in and out of cover, scaring the **** out of the opponent.

Descent of Angels 1500pts

HQ
    Librarian Medeis: JP 125pts

Elites
    Sanguinary Guard: Death Masks, Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols, banner 285pts

Troops
    10 Assault Marines: Power sword, combat shield, Infernus pistol, handflamer 225pts

8 Death Company: JPs, 2 Power fists, 2 Infernus Pistols, Powersword 375pts

DC Dreadnought: Blood talons, heavy flamer, drop pod, deathwind launcher 190pts

Heavy Support
    Vindicator 145pts

Dreadnought: TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher 155pts

Notes on second list: Maybe not full-out descent of angels, but I have had success with this list against a wraithwall. What do you think?

Unbalanced list 1500pts
    HQ
    Captain: Terminator armour, lightning claws 115pts

Elites
    Terminator Assault Squad: 2x Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields 210pts

Terminator Assault Squad: 2x Thunder Hammer/ Storm Shield 210pts

Furioso Dreadnought: Blood fists, Heavy Flamer 135pts

Troops
    5 Death Company: Razorback, TL Lascannon 190pts

DC Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer 135pts

Heavy Support
    Stormraven Gunship: Typhoon Missile launcher, Plasma Cannon, Hurricane Bolter 255pt

Stormraven Gunship: Typhoon, Plasma/Lascannon/Assault Cannon?, Hurricane 255pts

Notes on last list:
    The idea is that the captain and first terminator squad go in Stormraven with furioso and the other terminators go with DC dreadnought in other stormraven. The DC are there just to allow me to get the DC dread, and to have enough troop choices. I know the list is ridiculous and all, but I think it could be amusing to play.

Anyway, all feedback is welcome and appreciated. Please, tear my army lists to shreds if necessary - I want at least on list that can make it in a compeditive setting (preferably the first). My favourite is the first list and I just bought all the models required for it, so hopefully that can be used.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I think list one is the best as it has 30 scoring infantry unlike the other two. I would try to get a sanguiary preist in there to give the jumping stuff furious charge and FNP. To free up points drop the Baal down to a land speeder or attack bike or get a second preist to go with the tacticals.

Assault squad should take 2 meltas rather than the pistol versions.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I agree that the first list is the most competitive of the three. The second list might work, too, if you retooled it into a "Death Star DeathCo" list: a massive Death Company with either Astorath or Lemartes, plus ranged fire support from the rest of the list. It would probably be one-dimensional, but undoubtedly effective.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that the first list is the best, as it is the list that I just spent money on to make. I would prefer not to drop the Baal, because it offer the list some needed anti-horde power. It also is a distraction from the rest of the force, as it can move 18" before anything else (scout move) and then another 6" and then fire three flame templates at S6 AP3 and S5 AP 4. The opponent is then forced to either shoot at this tank on their flank or ignore it and fire it at the other threats (vindicator etc.), which leaves something good either way. I also have a dreadnought availabe, but I think that this would just increase my AT or if I take it with a plasma cannon, it does the same thing as the vindicator.

I am thinking that the assault marines can be combat squaded, as I then have 2 jump infantry to take objectives and do some tank hunting with the melta bombs and infernus pistols. I would have taken a melta gun or two, but I dont think they are included in the kit and I didn't have any available. The sanguinary guard is problematic. What would they be best used for in this list? Hard-hitting reserves? Tank/HQ hunting?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread