<2000 2000 Space Wolves need some assistance!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate my army list

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Space Wolves need some assistance!!!

Hi guys!!!
    I ve made a new space wolves army list.It is very different from what i used to have.I hope that it is quite competitive.What do you think of it.I do really need your help.
    So here it is
    HQ

Wolf Lord
    Thunderwolf mount
    Runic armor
    wolftooth neck
    Storm shield
    Frost axe
    Saga of a bear

Wolf Priest(joined to sky claws)
    Jump pack
    melta bomb
    plasma pistol

Elites

Wolf Scouts+Wolf guard(power fist,combi-melta)
    meltagun,mark of the wolfen

Wolf Scouts+Wolf guard(power fist,combi-melta)
    meltagun,mark of the wolfen

Troops

10 Grey Hunters
    mark of the wolfen Wolf Standart meltagunx2

10 Grey Hunters

10 Grey Hunters

Fast Attack

10 Sky Claws with wolf priest (deep striking)
    meltagun mark of the wolfen

2 Thunderwolf Cavalry with lord
    2 storm shields melta bomb power fist

Dedicated Transports
    3 Rhinos
    Heavy Support

Long Fangs
    3 plasma cannons 2 missile launchers

Long Fangs
    5 missile launchers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No opinions???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Let's see if I can give you a hand here. My first impressions of the list are positive. You seem to have a good understanding of the principles of each unit, and how they work with each other. But I will take a closer look at each of them in more detail.

HQ
    Wow, all I can say is that that guy is beefed. In fact, you could feed a whole Tyranid swarm solely of him, and they would be satisfied. While he is indeed a formidable opponent, I feel that you are putting a little too much faith into this single model, as he is ambiguously overpriced. For starters, there is only so much survivabilty that a character can have before it becomes nothing more than a hinderance for it. Giving him a Storm Shield and Saga of the Bear is one thing, but then sticking him on a Thunderwolf Mount is really pushing it. It is a little illogical to be cramming all of this stuff on him, because when you inevitably tell your opponent what wargear he is kitted out with, naturally he will become the most targeted individual on the field, and all he will be doing is taking saves, and being held at bay. Therefore my advice would be to only keep two of these options. I can see that there are only two other models on Thunderwolves in the whole army, and even though three do bring the pain as a distraction unit, there is really no place for any of them in the army, as you will be too preoccupied with laying covering fire for your Scouts and Guard that the Thunderwolves will have to fend for themselves. So my advice would be to drop the Thunderwolf Mount of the Lord, and while we are at, consider dropping the other Thunderwolves for more prudent choices. By all means keep the Storm Shield and the Saga of the Bear (although, because he has a Frost Axe, I wouldn't overlook the Saga of the Warrior Born or the Saga of the Beastslayer, as you need to bring the pain to these respective target units). Runic Armor is the best way to go here. Good job with that. Perhaps maybe placing him with a squad of Wolf Guard (if you can) would seriously bolster their strength and numbers and count for a truly beastly offensive unit. A Wolftooth Necklace is good, no doubt, although, with a WS of 6, I think that when facing anything higher than that you might find it a much better idea to simply shoot its face off from afar. Perhaps replacing it with a Wolf Tail Talisman instead? But, otherwise for the sheer weight of equipment the guy would've had to have lugged onto the battlefield, he is not bad.

Now this is interesting... a Wolf Priest with a Jump Pack, joining a squad of Skyclaws. I have yet to playtest this, due to my loathing of anything Blood Claw related, but I do see this a potential distraction unit. However, I am still abject to this, for the simple reason being that the Skyclaws, Blood Claws or any Claw for that matter shouldn't be joined by a Wolf Priest. This will severly hinder his progress, and the amount of carnage that he can sow upon the enemy. If you think about it, the abilty to confer the Preferred Enemy special rule onto any unit the Priest joins is exceptionally good, but because the Blood Claws have a far from impressive stat line, I just feel that this would be a waste of talent; the Priest will inevitably be the only one left of the squad, and will get singled for fresh pickings. The choice is yours though, but perhaps putting him somewhere else, without a Jump Pack, might be more valuable to you.

ELITES
    Pretty good here. Not much need to be said, as they should perform quite well. My only quarrel here is with the Wolf Guard. These guys are supposed to lead their squas by example, and show them the ropes, and yet they take a Powerfist. If they were anywhere else, I would say great. But these individuals need to be attacking hard and fast so as the Scouts don't have to pick up the slack. My advice would be to put on a Wolf Claw on one and a Frost Axe on the other. That way, you are prioritizing our squads, so as they can seek out different targets, and they are hitting on cue with the rest of the squad.

TROOPS
    Good thinking. I like these squads a lot. Seeing as how you are taking a Wolf Standard for each Grey Hunter squad, how about adding in a Power Sword for each of them too? You will greatly benefit from the WS if the circumstance arises that you roll a one, and also it will greater balance the need to back themselves in close combat. Other than that, a solid job.

FAST ATTACK
    Like I said, even though I really do not want to change your list drastically, as it is of your own creation, I seriously think that you would be better without the Thunderwolves, as there are just too few of them. There is one alternative, although it could be against your orignal thinking. You ditch the squad of Skyclaws, you ditch the Jump Pack on the Wolf Priest, and you keep the Thunderwolf Mount on the Lord and get rid of the Saga of the Bear. You then get yourself as many Thunderwolves as you can,kit them the way you want, and give the Wolf Priest a Thunderwolf Mount. This way, you will have a Fearless Beasts unit, that has Preferred Enemy against a unit type, and is nigh unstoppable! I am getting a bit carried away here, but this is just a thought. You have the Long Fangs to back them up, and you Scouts can sow pain and destruction while the Wolves march right up to the enemy and say "My Wolf is much bigger than yours." I may have to try this idea myself. But, mind you this is just a suggestion, and you can take it how you will.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Superb, although, if I may, you are so lacking in anti tank it is positively disheartening. I truly believe that to compensate for this, you are going to need to swap the Plasma Cannons for Lascannons. This is a truckload of points, but is one of the most necessary things that you can do. Also if you really think about it, you are taking the advantage you have of the Missiles by taking PCs in the same squad, as they are of different ranges. If you want them to both work effectively, you need to have weapons of equal range, ie. Missiles and Lascannons, and Plasma and Heavy Bolters. This is just my experience, and I am sure that you can see the logic here.

All in all, a very decent list, but the main problems are that you are relying too much on one character, the Skyclaws are just going to die, and there is not enough anti tank. If you fix these problems, and do as you like with my suggestions, I am sure that you won't go far wrong.

Good Hunting.
    Last edited by The Hawk; December 28th, 2010 at 12:23.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread