<2000 A Change of Pace? 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

A Change of Pace? 1750

As the title suggests I am looking for a change of pace from my usual Drop Pod/ Dreadnaught antics, in addition I am looking to make this list the most competative I can (with the Vanilla Codex) so I can finally take part in my local tournaments. So far I have come up with the following, but am open to suggestion:

HQ
    Librarian Null Zone Avenger Combi Melta 110

Troops
    5 Tactical Marines Sergeant Combi Melta Razorback Twin Linked Assault Cannon Dozer Blade 180
    5 Tactical Marines Sergeant Combi Melta Razorback Twin Linked Assault Cannon Dozer Blade 180

Fast Attack
    2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180
    2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180
    3 Land Speeders Multi Meltas 180

Heavy Support
    Vindicator Siege Shield 125
    Vindicator Siege Shield 125
    Predator Autocannon Lascannon Sponsons Hunter Killer Missile 130

So what do you, the people of LO, think?

Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

It's not bad. Assault cannons get better and better the more you spam them, so I'd like to make a couple suggestions towards that end:

-Run your vindicators in 3's. They're scariest when you spam them, otherwise they're just targets.
    -For your speeder squadrons, run single Tornados with assault cannons as well...or maybe single typhoons. I've honestly found that the squadron rules really aren't such a great thing to be running vehicles in.
    -get another pair of those 5 man troops with razerbacks on the table. the extra dakka really can't hurt anything.
    -And loose the dozer blades and seige shields. You might loose the odd vehicles to terrain, but the extra points will help you out a lot.
    -finally, if you've got any points left over get some small squads of sternguard in razerbacks, or a couple of AC dreads. Just to push it over the top.

The vanilla codex is one that people normally think of for tank and razerback spam like this, but it's certainly doable. You could also try looking into an MotF on a bike instead of the librarian, and use him to run around fixing up your transports and vehicles to help keep them going and shooting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

The list is good already, but as watchwood indicated I'd really drop the dozer blades and siege shields to free up some points.
    I tend to avoid squadrons of speeders. true enough, a single speeder can't play with cover as a squadron can (and then there is the Kill points issue), but my HF/MM speeders are always roaming around all alone, so that I don't risk losing the lot of em when popping that piece of armour in the way and allowing me to contest more than one objective in the end if need be. I feel that the MM speeders should really be independant and not in squadrons but with so many speeders on the field, your choices are limited.
    Perhaps giving your sarges a PW or PF with the points from the dozer blades. I'm a great fan of sternguard. They have the potential to be one of the most effective units out of the codex.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

The terrain set up in the area I usually play is very heavy on craters and crashed Space shuttles, which means my vehicles will be travelling through Difficult Terrain about 2 times a game so I would rather keep Dozer Blades on my vehicles. In addition Power Fists and weapons will have little effect on my units as any dedicated assault will see off the 5 Marines before they have a chance to attack.

As for the Land Speeder Squadrons 2 Typhoons really give me the ability to deal with any troublesome Monsterous Creatures that may pop up, give the Squadron cover by getting a single Speeder in cover, and gives me a much better ability to pop more transports early game as well as contest objectives with less worry about the Speeders being wrecked.

The Multi Melta Speeders I purchased were to help deal with any Deathstar units to let me reliably bust and transport early game before they can get to my lines. If you people think I should I wouldn't be opposed to switching this out for something else.

If we could find a way to bring in some more anti-tank weapons (preferably at a long range) I would be content with swapping my Predator out for a 3rd Vindicator.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Don't discount the power of the TLAC at popping tanks - 4 shots at S6 and rending basically makes it better then a lascannon against tanks of any armour value, if you care to do the math. The only thing it lacks in is the long range, and even that's mitigatable with tactics and maneuvre.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Don't discount the power of the TLAC at popping tanks - 4 shots at S6 and rending basically makes it better then a lascannon against tanks of any armour value, if you care to do the math. The only thing it lacks in is the long range, and even that's mitigatable with tactics and maneuvre.
    I have, in fact I have praised (and math hammered) the Assault Cannon in comparison to the Twin linked Lascannon for my Dreadnaught Tactica. The fact is that that this one Predator packs the anti tank capabilities of 2 or even 3 of the Razorbacks, as well as poses as a very tempting AV 13 for my opponnt to throw his lascannons at (in leu of shooting my AV 11 Razorbacks and AV 10 Land Speeders).
    Last edited by Mr. Biscuits; December 25th, 2010 at 17:13.

+ Reply to Thread