<1000 500pt Mech Guard For GW Store Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

454 (x7)

500pt Mech Guard For GW Store Tournament

A GW store is running a 500pt tournament next week so I thought I throw together a list for my mech guard to enter. But I know there are some skilled players at this store so I thought best to get some feedback on it.

(Only FOC requirement is 1 troops choice)

65 - Marbo
    (At 500pts he'll do a lot of damage with his opening salvo and serve as a good distraction)

100 - Veteran Squad: 3 Meltaguns
    65 - Chimera: Heavy Flamer & Heavy Stubber

100 - Veteran Squad: 3 Meltaguns
    55 - Chimera: Heavy Flamer
    (Solid units; able to handle any unit with the heavy flamers, meltaguns and multi-lasers)

40 - Scout Sentinel
    (Had 50pts left to spend so I thought Iíd have an outflanking sentinel)

75 - Griffon Mortar or Hydra?
    (Now Iím unsure what to do in this area Iíve already got the flamers on the chimeras to handle hordes and the multi-lasers and auto cannon to handle tanks as I doubt Iíll see a lot of at 500pts. So which do you think Iíll be better off with?)

Total Pts: 500
    Total No: 21 (4)
    Kill Pts: 7

I did have another list which featured both a hydra and griffon but replaced marbo and he seems like too much of a steel not to include at this points level.

So what do you think? (Hydra Or Griffon?)

Also this is a mech guard army so I don't have any infantry platoons before anyone makes that suggestion.

2. Remove Advertisements

11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Marbo's main drawback is his fragility, but at 500 points his destructive power is immense. I'm partial to Hydras personally. I think that their ability to counter high speed cover saves is a sweet perk. You are not likely to see heavy armor at 500 points, but skimmers and bikes are definite possibilities.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread