<1000 Battleforce List (First Time, 400 Points) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Battleforce List (First Time, 400 Points)

Hello all, I have justed started playing Warhammer 40k, and I am playing as Cadian Imperial Guard. I got a battleforce for Christmas, and here is what I plan on building.

HQ-100 Points
    Company Command Squad- 100 Points
    Vox-Caster-5 Points
    Regimental Standard-15 Points
    Medi-Pack-30 Points

TROOPS-220 Points
    Infantry Squad A-60 Points
    Vox-Caster-5 Points
    Flamer-5 Points

Infantry Squad B-60 Points
    Vox-Caster-5 Points
    Frag Grenade Launcher-5 Points

Heavy Weapons Squad-100 Points
    Lascannon (x2)-30 Points
    Frag Missile Launcher-10 Points

Armored Sentinel-80 Points
    Hunter-Killer Missile-10 Points
    Lascannon-15 Points

Well, there's my list! P.S. I plan to be playing a lot against my brother, who will be playing as the Tau, and my friend Nathan, who plays Catachan.

2. Remove Advertisements

In the Loft
    60 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2052 (x8)

Welcome to Guard!!

The first thing you need to get your head round as a Guard player is Platoons. You can't take 'infantry squads' on their own. Infantry squads need to part of a Platoon and Platoons consist of a Platoon command squad and at least 2 Infantry squads. This is a Platoon and it counts as ONE Troops choice...........

Platoon Command Squad
    1 Platoon commander & 4 Guardsmen.

2x Infantry squads
    1 Sergeant & 9 Guardsmen.

With this in mind, your list is illegal as you have no Platoon Command squad to lead your infantry squads. Even if you found the points to add one in you'd only have one troops choice. Now you can fix this quite easily.

(Just for now) Rather than take Infantry squads, take Veteran Squads. Veteran squads don't need to be part of a Platoon and count as a troops choice all by them selves. Thus meaning you only need two squads. They cost a little extra in terms points so you might need to re-jig your list. Also, if you use these models as Veterans then you wont be able to take Heavy weapon squads. You can simply move these heavy weapons into the squads. So the Company Command and each of the Veteran squads gets a Heavy weapon (you should have 6 left over guardsmen)

This should make your list legal and useable for small sized points but as you buy more models I'd grab some more basic guardsmen so you can make some Platoons. Or if you want to stick with Veterans grab them some Chimeras and do a mechanised force.

I'll let someone else comment on the actual selection of weapons as I'm just finishing work and don't have time!!!
    Last edited by Lord Borak; January 8th, 2011 at 00:04.

+ Reply to Thread