<2000 1500 Newbie All-Comers List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Newbie All-Comers List

Greetings,

Played regularly with my Death Guard and Eldar armies. I have now drifted on over to the Imperium.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

HQ

CCS: 4x meltas, Chimera w/HF, Astropath

Troops

Vets: 3x meltas, Chimera w/HF
    Vets: 3x meltas, Chimera w/HF
    Vets: Demolitions (Vendetta)
    Vets: Demolitions (Vendetta)

Fast

Vendetta w/HB
    Vendetta w/HB
    Hellhound

Heavy

Manitcore
    LRBT w/Lascannon
    Hydra Flak Tank

Total: 1495

I know what you are thinking. Mobile army with 1 stationary tank. My thinking is that the Manticore will force my opponents to move. I could be wrong. That's why I am asking. I can switch the Manticore with another LRBT.

What do you think??

Thanks,

Templarios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend the Demolisher over the LRBT, the extra armour and power really helps, its short range isnt really a problem unless you are playing on a massive table.

Your demo-vets dont have much in the way to deal with infantry, the demo-charge can really ruin your opponents day, but it has only 6" range and one shot, once you use it, your firepower drops dramatically and you will probably get assaulted the nest turn, on the other hand. If your Vandettas can drop them off next to a vehicle, its probably going to die. I would give them Multimeltas and give one or two squads in the chimeras plasma. The special weapons are far more useful than any other upgrade.

Keep the manticore, it may be vulnerable but its indirect fire means you can just hide it. No other single weapon I have used could cause so much devastation. That being said, if you dont play with LOS blocking terrain it could get popped pretty quickly so it is probably safer to go with a Demolisher instead.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

One Manticore is something you can hide in terrain, so it is fine.

BTW: Hydras aren't really mobile since they have "2" cannons. You fire half the shots if you move.

Are those vets not carrying special weapons? Demolitions/Vendetta implies they are suicide Alpha Strikers. If you don't use them for that, they lack versatility.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread