<2000 straken list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: straken list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

straken list

HQ

straken- CCS 3x flamer, 2 body guard, astropath, carapace armor-190
    Chimera-55

ELITES

Marbo- 65

storm troopers x8 2x plasma- 133

priest- 45

TROOPS

Veterans 3x meltagun, demolitions- 130
    Chimera- 55

Veterans 3x meltagun, demolitions- 130
    Chimera- 55

Veterans 3x grenade launcher, gunnery sargeant harker- 140

penal legion- 80

penal legion -80

FAST

3x scout sentinals with autocannons- 120

Devil dog w/ multimelta- 135

Devil dog w/ multimelta -135

HEAVY

LR battle tank- 150

LR battle tank- 150

LR battle tank- 150

The models that I planned on getting I am not anymore so I wrote up this list. Im not sure about the multimeltas on the devil dogs. I could also change the devil dogs to hell hounds or drop the multimelta and put plasma guns in the storm trooper squad. Ithink I am going to model all the chimeras with multi laser and heavy flamer. annnndd the priest goes with strakens squad for an invul save and re-roll hits. I plan on infiltrating harker or out flanking. out flanking the penal legion squads and the sentinals and either infiltrating the storm troopers by harker or deep striking them. I have catachan snipers that I am going to use for the storm troooers and I didnt think that they would fit as ratlings so I decided to take the storm trooper route. I also have another leman russ i think its a demoliter and also 3 basalisks and about 30 or so more catachans...soo other than play testing this think which i should hopefully do in a week or so what do y'all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

IMO you're way too light on chimeras. You only have two mechanised troops choices to advance with Straken. Remember he only has a 12 inch radius for his charge boost. Even with outflanking, I think you're likely to have troops that are way too scattered. Furious charge IS good, but attrition is going to deplete your close combat ability really fast.

I'd go for a fully mounted build, assuming you have the models to support it. Maybe you only have a few chimeras in which case ignore half of this. You could proxy hellhounds as chimeras though. That would help a great deal.

Mike Bryant did this build at the Battle for Salvation:
    Whiskey & 40k: Search results for straken

I really love the concept. He basically used it very aggressively - putting his chimeras into his opponent's face (check the battle reports). The normal response is to get in close with the Chimeras since Guard disintegrate like wet paper tissue in close combat, but with Straken giving them Furious Charge/Counter Attack that's acutally not that great of an idea. Brawler guard rocks. You could replace the Vendettas/Al Rahem with some Russ and Stormtroopers/Sentinels to retain the disruptive qualities of outflankers and to make use of your models.
    Last edited by Korona; January 20th, 2011 at 14:18.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread