1500 space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 space marines

Hi there. thank you for taking the time to look at my thread. I may or may not be able to respond to this thread.

so here it goes i have been playing Tau and Space wolves Recently, and i have lost.

so I have created this new list, tell me what you think and what strategies would work well with it.

librarian with terminator amour, storm shield and epistolary, using vortex of doom and might of the ancients. 190

Tactical Squad 10 man with melta gun, missile launcher, and rhino 210

Tactical Squad 10 man with flamer, missile launcher and drop pod with death wind lauchers 225

Ironclad Dread with seismic hammer, dreadnought close combat weapon, 2 heavy flamers and ironclad assault launchers 165

terminators 5 man with assault cannon and land raider crusader 480

dreadnought with muti melta and dreadnought close combat weapon 105

Vindicator with siege shield 125

Total 1500

so what do you think? Is it good, bad or just plain ugly.

also whats the best way to use this list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it generally. I would have a drop pod or two for those dreads though deep strike em into the thick of it. Get your libarian up there with the tac squads with supportiing fire from your Vindicator (I play Imperial Fists and I love my Vindicatorit's so mean) Im pretty new at the game and don't know a hell of alot but it looks a fairly solid list that needs a few tweaks. See what other people think though who know more of what there talking about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Hey buddy H Bomb! So, since I know exactly who you are trying to beat, , might as well try to give you some pointers on him!

First, your army list. Looks pretty strong, but I agree with warflake, gotta get drop pods for the dreadnaughts. don't worry too much about the deathwind missile launcher, use the points to try for drop pods for your dreads.

Tactics. Well, the dreads should be dropping in turn 1 if you decide to use drop pods for them. if not, keep them behind cover until they are close enough.
    - Tactical squads should be combat squadded (that's what it looks like your planning, good!) I would recommend trying to find the points to give both squads a meltagun, but if you can't, no biggie. Just remember, don't assault space wolves with a 5-man combat squad! you are better off leaving the assaulting for the big boys. mainly just stay barely outside of assault range, and shoot 'em to death.
    - Terminators. I'm assuming, from the way you've tricked out your librarian, he is going with the termies? just use them like you would use all termies. get in close, watch the mayhem begin. (might also consider a chainfist, Bjorn might come out, and we don't want a replay of that, now do we )

All in all, looks pretty strong, just needs a few minor tweaks. Looking forward to it!

For future reference, army lists go in the army list sub-section. just look right above the stickies, the link says space marine army lists.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

The list isn't bad in itself, but it could use some finetuning.

Those two dreads should get a pod each. The Ironclad has no Hunter Killer missiles, just two flamers, so he needs to get in close real fast. consider keeping one meltagun on this guy. Same thing goes for the MM dread. Best is to have these two podding down in the middle of your opponents army so they can at least try and melt a tank as they come down especially if you're going up against Tau. To save on some points, you'd best just take the stock drop pods and forget about the deathwind launchers. Tacs aren't bad. I would consider giving the sarges a special weapon. PF ideally, a PW if points don't allow.
    The LR Crusader isn't a bad pick. Hurricane Bolters can be fired as defensive weapons, which isn't bad. Personally I do prefer the LR Redeemer. 10prs less which allows for a MM mounted on top of it. If points allow, take Extra Armour on this guy since it can aid you in getting it up into his lines. Personally I don't like the normal terminators your taking. I feel that sternguard are by far more effective than normal terminators. Besides, you are using an assault vehicle. Use it's ability and take assault terminators instead. With TH/SS they have a 3++ which is much better than a 5++ and they can be brutally effective in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicators are awesome, and a scary sight, two of them are even scarier. I would drop the drop pod (pun intended) and swap the dread(s) for another vindy. Your librarian is a big point sink, for 200 points you get another tactical squad. Maybe 6 terminators and a squad of tacticals or scouts instead? If your list meets armor with medium-long range i think you will have trouble getting up close without losing much. In my last fight against sisters of battle i completely saturated them with cheap units (tacticals, scouts, devs and razorbacks) and it worked pretty nicely, for me atleast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0w View Post
    Vindicators are awesome, and a scary sight, two of them are even scarier.
    True enough. Two vindi's are scarier for your opponent and more effective as well. less chance that the sucker gets popped turn one without even getting a shot off. The strength of the cannon is more than able to take down vehicles, but is slightly unreliable in this manner because of scatter. It's better to use the tools that are more suited to tank hunting for that purpose IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0w View Post
    Your librarian is a big point sink, for 200 points you get another tactical squad. Maybe 6 terminators and a squad of tacticals or scouts instead?
    Actually, terminators come at 200 pts for five in vanilla codex, so how are you going to get 6 terminators and a tac squad or scouts for 190 pts??? On top of that, you still need an HQ choice and none of them come free.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

when it comes to vindicators - one is a target, two is a threat, three is scary

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb 500 View Post
    librarian with terminator amour, storm shield and epistolary, using vortex of doom and might of the ancients. 190
    Good. Null Zone is probably better than MotA though.
    Tactical Squad 10 man with melta gun, missile launcher, and rhino 210
    Tactical Squad 10 man with flamer, missile launcher and drop pod with death wind lauchers 225
    Drop the deathwind launcher - and be prepared for the drop pod squad to get murdered. Personally I'd swap the pod and Rhino out and get them both Razorbacks, plus powerfists in each. Leave the heavy weapons in a good firing spot and move the assault portion forward to murder.
    Ironclad Dread with seismic hammer, dreadnought close combat weapon, 2 heavy flamers and ironclad assault launchers 165
    Now this is the guy that should have the pod He's going to take too long to get into place if he has to walk.
    terminators 5 man with assault cannon and land raider crusader 480
    You'd probably be better off with assault terminators if you're in a LRC. I personally prefer the Redeemer, but I heard the LRC is a good option.
    dreadnought with muti melta and dreadnought close combat weapon 105
    Again, he's a bit short ranged. A 'Rifleman' dread (twin TL-AutoCannons) will ruin the day of any transports.
    Vindicator with siege shield 125
    I tend not to bother with a siege shield, but I do love a good demolisher cannon. BOOM! And the target is dead

also whats the best way to use this list?
    Against Tau: Move forward! Then get out and shoot the toffee out of them before charging in. Tau hate CC
    Against SW: Not played SW yet, but I imagine you want to kill their transports then hit them with the big guns.
    Last edited by realitycheque; January 26th, 2011 at 15:19.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

He changed his list after our second game to something like this -

x2 Librarian with terminator armour and storm shield, epistolary (Really, the 2nd librarian was just a fun little thing we thought would be fun to try)

5 TH/SS termies in Redeemer

x2 Tactical Squads w/ meltagun/Missile Launcher in rhinos

x2 Vindicator with siege Shields (the siege shields are because he glued them on already)

Anyways, we had a fun-competitive game, and it ended a tactical draw of sieze ground. the only reason he didn't get a wipeout was because I had a single rhino that was still around at the end of the game on turn 6. The only thing I would really change with this list is the second librarian, but hey, whats Warhammer w/o a bit of fun?
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

+ Reply to Thread