Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I am more of a painter than a gamer but I would like to start playing again. I used to play in the first edition days, then played about 5 games when fifth edition came out. So, I am pretty much a novice to the game itself.
I need some help in building a competitive list. I've got quite a few Blood Angel miniatures and vehicles but I am not sure what to put in my army list.
What units/vehicles should I use to get a competitive 1,000 list? How about a 1,500 and a 2,000 point list?
Here's what I currently have. Any or all of these models could be included in an army. I think they are all at least of table top quality in terms of the paint job.
Painted and completed
- Land raider
- 1x Rhino (can be upgraded to Razor back by changing out the top hatches with a twin linked heavy bolter)
- 1x Rhino
- 9x Honor guard (power fist 2x, plasma pistol 3x, power weapon 5x, thunder hammer 1x, bolt pistol 6x), includes sanguinary novitiate and standard bearer with company or chapter banner
- 1x Captain in terminator armor with storm bolter and power sword
- 2x tech marines (artificer armor, bolt pistol, power weapon, servo arm)
- 1x tech marine (servo harness, power armor, bolt gun)
- 13x Assault squad: I have 10 jump packs and 13 regular back packs (magnetized). Weapon options include 7x bolt pistol + chain sword, 2x plasma pistol + chain sword, 2x plasma gun, 1x flamer, 1x power fist + bolt pistol, 1x storm shield + power weapon,
- 10x Assault squad: jump packs are glued on. Weapon options include 7x bolt pistol + chain sword, 2x plasma pistol + chain sword, 1x power fist + plasma pistol
Painted but could use another round of touch ups
Not painted fully
- 1x Captain in power armor with power axe and plasma pistol
- 1x Brother Tycho
- 10x Death Company (jump packs, bolt pistol + chain sword)
- 1x chaplain (jump pack, rosarius, bolt pistol)
- 13x veteran squad (very old models, probably sternguard but maybe vanguard?). Models approximate 1x sanguinary priest, 1x missile launcher, 1x heavy bolter, 1x melta gun, 1x power axe + bolt pistol, 1 power fist + bolt gun, 4x bolt pistol + sword, 3x bolt gun
- 10x devastator squad (6x bolt gun, 1x bolter/meltagun combiweapon + chain sword, 1x multi-melta, 1x plasma cannon, 2x las cannon)
- 11 tactical squad (8x bolt gun, 1x missile launcher, 1x heavy bolter, 1x bolt pistol + chain sword)
- 11 tactical squad (8x bolt gun, 1x missile launcher, 1x heavy bolter, 1x bolt pistol + power fist)
- 6x Terminator Squad (2x storm bolter + power fist, 1 storm bolter + chain fist, 1x power fist + heavy flamer, 2x storm bolter + power fist + cyclone missile launcher)
- 5x Terminator Assault Squad (2x lighting claws, 2x thunder hammer + storm shield, 1x storm bolter + chain fist + power weapon)
- 2x Land Speeder with multi-melta
- Librarian in power armor with force weapon and bolt pistol
To see my painted army, please check out this thread in the Hobby forum:
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...oject-log.html (Blood Angel Project Log)
I am also looking to add a few more vehicles perhaps. I need another painting project. I was thinking of the new Storm Raven kit and perhaps a couple of dreadnoughts (libarian, death company). Maybe even one or two more characters.
Anyway, what can I do with what I have and what should I add to get to a competitive list?
Last edited by Siper; January 28th, 2011 at 16:43.
Hi, im doing this off the top of my head whilst in work (sssh) so im going off memory here.
5 man assault no backpacks, power weapon, plasma gun, razorback 150 pts
8 man assault no backpacks , power fist, 1 plasmaguns, land raider 399pts
priest power weapon 65points
chaplain and 10 death company together. 505 points flat (upgraded chaplain to reclusiarch to fill HQ slot)
2 mm land speeders 120 pts
vindicator 145 points
librarian 100 pts
3 sets of meltabombs
the death company is quite a points sink, but if youve built them, have some fun and when the tac squads are ready, or you have more vehicles, replace them with assault squads in razorbacks, and baal preds.
general idea, libby and priest with 8 marines in LR, spear and fear of the dark on librarian.
chaplain and death company deepstrike in and cause havoc (try to get a power fist or 2 when you get a chance)
Thanks! I hadn't thought of this yet. When you say Priest, that's a sanguinary priest, right? I guess jump pack assault troops are a no go.
The tactical squads are table top ready so I could use them as well. Would you swap out some of the death company with the two tactical squads?
I am looking to see wat I should buy next. If razor backs are the way to go, what weapon option should I chose for the razorback? And a predator would be your next choice?