<1000 750 SM list vs IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 SM list vs IG

Hey guys I'm trying to come up with a good list to go against IG this is what I got so far

HQ
    Space Marine Captain
    Power Sword/Combi-Flamer 125
    Troops
    Tac Squad (10 )
    Flamer/Missile launcher
    Rhino 205
    Tac Squad (10 )
    Flamer/ Missile launcher 170
    Scout Squad (5)
    4x Sniper/ Missile Launcher 85
    Elite
    Dreadnought
    Multi-Melta/Storm bolter
    Drop pod
    Total:725

I'm gonna try getting in his face as fast as possible! any recommendation on how I should spend the last 25 points and how maybe I should tweek my list? or any tactics would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'm gonna try getting in his face as fast as possible! any recommendation on how I should spend the last 25 points and how maybe I should tweek my list? or any tactics would be great
    TBH I'd go with Biker Captain + 2 Biker Squads, if you have the models. Right now I can see your rhino being popped turn 1, with your dreadnaught following suit the turn after it lands. A fairly standard IG autocannon/melta army will take you to pieces.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Realitycheque is correct.

IG can get a lot more in a list with so few points in comparison with SM and that goes for other armies too.
    In lower point battles, the Sm bikers offer more flexibility and harder hitting units than a tac in rhino and with a 24" turboboost, you'd be in the midst of those guardsmen in no time. Giving the squads melta guns are probably your best pick and they have their TL botlers in any case. Squeeze in a PF on your sarges or so they can knock on a tank should melting them fail. Be carefull with those hydra's though

+ Reply to Thread