<1000 Schools league 600pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schools league 600pts list

Hi all its schools league on the 8th of feb for me and im still wondering what lists to take after a good results with my mech list and also horrible losses tooo i wondered if there were any better lists out there.......

Command squad /lascannon

Platoon
    command section /rocket launcher /2 squads Autocannon /Rocket launcher
    Heavy weapon Squad 3 Auto cannons
    Heavy weapon squad 3 auto cannons

Vetran squad /2 grenade Launchers meltagun

3 Scout sentials/ Auto cannons

600pts

Also what sorts of armys do you think would be playied at the schools league these people that are going to play are 11-18 year olds soooo band-wagon armys????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Could you break up your description a little more, I don't really get how many squads you're taking. I tried adding it up but I came in at 665 so I think I'm misreading it.

The two things I'd say would be: what's the role of the sentinels? and what are you going to do if they deploy an AV14 vehicle like a Land Raider or a Leman Russ?

I think younger players tend to like big deathstar type lists so I'd say there's a good chance of seeing terminators and land raiders. Your list lacks both AP2 weapons and anti AV14 firepower. I'd address it by dropping the vets and taking two special weapon teams with 3x meltas each.
    Last edited by Korona; February 5th, 2011 at 03:47.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    Could you break up your description a little more, I don't really get how many squads you're taking. I tried adding it up but I came in at 665 so I think I'm misreading it.

The two things I'd say would be: what's the role of the sentinels? and what are you going to do if they deploy an AV14 vehicle like a Land Raider or a Leman Russ?

I think younger players tend to like big deathstar type lists so I'd say there's a good chance of seeing terminators and land raiders. Your list lacks both AP2 weapons and anti AV14 firepower. I'd address it by dropping the vets and taking two special weapon teams with 3x meltas each.
    I pity the fool that squeezes a Land Raider into a 600 point list.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

I watched a few school League games in my local store (I'm from Yorkshire...), and what stood out most were that most of the army lists were very poor.

A Tau army with about 16 or so Kroot, a Devilfish, a Hammerhead, about 6 firewarriors and maybe a crisis suit.

A nid army with a few warriors, a hive tyrant, and a scattering of gaunts

Necrons with 20 warriors, a Lord and a few wraiths (mind you, he didn't have a huge amount of choice).

Space marines with a Dread, Chaplin, Rhino, maybe 10 marines.

I'd just max out firepower. Maybe with Hellhounds? They are cheap and effective, and Heavy vehicles and Heavy anti-tank are uncommon at this points level, especially amongst younger players. Hydras would also work.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread