<2000 1.5K Witchunters + inducted guard. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5K Witchunters + inducted guard.

Note: no longer has inducted guard

Faith points: 5

HQ:
    Canoness 146
    blessed weapon, inferno pistol, cloak of st aspira, jump pack, mantle of ophelia frag grenades,

Inquisitor Lord 245
    Bolter with psycannon bolts, plasma pistol, psychic hood,
    x3 plasma veteran guardsmen,
    x2 acolytes with shotguns and carapace
    Sage
    Chimera

Troops:
    10 Battle Sisters 206
    melta, heavy flamer, superior, bolt pistol, eviscerator, rhino

10 Battle Sisters 206

5 Storm Troopers 125
    2 plasmas, chimera

5 storm troopers 105
    2 meltas, rhino

Fast Attack:
    6 Seraphim 197
    x2 twinferno pistols, superior, Eviscerator, bolt pistol

Heavy Support:
    Exorcist 135 x2 = 270

NOTE: All witch hunters vehicles are using the imperial armour update meaning rhino's are 35pts with smoke and searchlights + exorcists also have smoke and searchlights as standard.

Last edited by cypher371; February 12th, 2011 at 23:29.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

I just posted a similarly themed list. Maybe you could check it out.

I'll leave a few comments...

Quote Originally Posted by cypher371 View Post

HQ:
    Canoness 113
    blessed weapon, inferno pistol, cloak of st aspira, frag grenades, krak grenades

Going with whom? Inquisitor, BSS in Chimera? It's not a bad kitout, but you don't really have any dedicated Melee units to stick her into. I'd consider dropping her.

Inquisitor Lord 198
    Bolter-plasma, plasma pistol, psychic hood,
    x2 plasma veteran guardsmen,
    Rhino

Solid choice. I'd drop both Plasmas on Lord and add another Plasmagun Vet. Extra bodies are imho superfluous, since they die the second they disembark anyways. So maybe stay inside a Chimera all the time and use its 6 Fire Points? IA2 gets you one for 55 pts.

Troops:
    10 Battle Sisters 171
    melta, heavy flamer, superior, bolt pistol, eviscerator

Again solid. 2 WS3 S5/8 attacks won't cut it and come at a hefty price, so give the sup a bolter and a BoSL. If you want the Canoness to ride with them and pack a little bit of punch, leave the Evisc. in.

10 Battle Sisters 206

I like the Chimera, so you dont have to disembark. Or Repressors. But Rhinos are cheap and fine, too.

Infantry Platoon 360

Command 105
    chimera (HFlam, MLas), 2 meltas, 2 flamers

I'd give them a AC and stick them into cover with the other IG squads. But kitting them out for frontline action might be okay. I'd rather have 3 Meltas or 4 Flamers than mixing them.

Infantry 115
    Autocannon, chimera (HFlam, MLas - occupied by battle sister + canoness)

Great.

Infantry 70 x2 = 140
    lascannon

Why lascannons? Expensive, 1 shot BS3. Consider replacing with ACs.

Fast Attack:
    6 Seraphim 182
    x2 twinferno pistols, superior, power weapon, bolt pistol

You don't have enough faith points to make this squad perform. You need reliable melta shots, and Sisters can get them easily with ISTs in Rhinos or Celestians. Think about it. Seraphim never really worked for me, but every player is different.

Heavy Support:
    Exorcist 135 x2 = 270

Perfecto.

NOTE: All witch hunters vehicles are using the imperial armour update meaning rhino's are 35pts with smoke and searchlights + exorcists also have smoke and searchlights as standard.
    Please don't be offended by the criticism, it's just my personal opinion. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for others.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a
    Last edited by cypher371; February 12th, 2011 at 23:06.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mossflower View Post
    Hey,

Please don't be offended by the criticism, it's just my personal opinion. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for others.

Cheers!
    No offense taken its good to actually have feedback and i discovered recently tht eviscerators work well with sister squads, it gives them good anti-tank and a good punch in combat well better than before anyway... and yes i use imperial armour 2 it really helps.

anyways yes i've changed the list slightly so i'll update up top and tell me what u think.

In regards to seraphim i've found that they really help when there's a superior because she makes th unit counts as having a simulacrum imperialis

anyways thanks for advice, i kinda did the plasma drop in inquisitor unit because well it is better

anymore feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Win Loss Ratios:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job, the list feels really condensed. I'd just make a few minor adjustments.

Note: no longer has inducted guard

HQ:
    Canoness 146
    blessed weapon, inferno pistol, cloak of st aspira, jump pack, mantle of ophelia frag grenades,

Better than the former, footslogging one. A lot of utility in such a little girl. Just take good care of her.

Inquisitor Lord 245
    Bolter with psycannon bolts, plasma pistol, psychic hood,
    x3 plasma veteran guardsmen,
    Sage
    Chimera

Imho too many upgrades. I'd definitely drop Psycannon Bolts, maybe even the PP and Acolytes + Sages. If the Chimera gets shot up, this squad dies either way.

Troops:
    10 Battle Sisters 206

Fine. I had good success swapping the rides with ISTs, giving them Rhinos and letting the ladies ride a Chimera. But then I don't use Eviscerators on them, which means they don't just die in CC. And you got Canoness and Seraphim for CC support. So fine.

10 Battle Sisters 206

5 Storm Troopers 125
    2 plasmas, chimera

5 storm troopers 105
    2 meltas, rhino

I'd try to upgrade them to Celestians with 2 Meltas. Just 15 points more (Inq downgrade!), but so much more (1 more faith, 3+)! And they won't score anyways because they won't live.

Fast Attack:
    6 Seraphim 197
    x2 twinferno pistols, superior, Eviscerator, bolt pistol

Good size, good kitout.

Heavy Support:
    Exorcist 135 x2 = 270

A fine list. Let me know how it works. Maybe I'm gonna dust off some Seraphim from my shelf again myself.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

groovy thanks a lot, i shall play test it a few times and see what little tweeks i can make a long th way

i'm guessin u also didnt notice th seraphim simulacrum imperialis thingy either? its so easy to not notice
    Win Loss Ratios:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

groovy thanks a lot, i shall play test it a few times and see what little tweeks i can make a long th way

i'm guessin u also didnt notice th seraphim simulacrum imperialis thingy either? its so easy to not notice
    Frankly, I did not notice. Haven't read the codex entry in years.

I used to play alot with Seraphim during second and third edition. But somehow lost interest in them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah fair enough i know what you mean. i'm like tht with th recent BA codex i just kinda lost interest in it lol
    Win Loss Ratios:

+ Reply to Thread