<2000 1500 codex marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 codex marines

HQ:

Space marine chapter master - 175
    Relic blade
    Stormshield
    Melta bombs

Librarian (need some help here with options and powers to take, due to the fact im really a BA player who doesnt like the new codex very much)

Honour guard Squad - 225

1 chapter champion - Relic blade
    4 honour guard - Chapter banner

Troops:

tactical squad - 245

10 marines
    Powerfist
    Plasma gun
    plasma cannon
    rhino

tactical squad - 245

10 marines
    Powerfist
    Plasma gun
    plasma cannon
    rhino

Scouts - 137
    6 scouts
    Sniper rifles * 5
    Missile launcher
    Homer

Elites:

Terminator squad 230

5 terminators
    Assault cannon

Heavy support

Land raider 260

Multi melta

1517 points without the libby (typical) so we can ignore him for now as i dont know if i want to play one really, personally id like to try out the CM and honour guard unit first

Key things about me and 40k:

I like troops not tanks, the only reason ive got a land raider is because i can see absolutely no way to get my CM/HG unti into CC without it. if i had my way id sqap out the LR for a big sternguard squad or mebbe a smaller sternguard squad with a razorback with TLLC

This is my first list on LO and i would love some constructive criticism, however i like the fluff and the playstyle of these units and would apreciate tips on how to get the most out of my units rather than "swap all that shit for a named character and some Vindicators"

Thanks in advance guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Well, the chapter master is not very usefull. the orbital bombardment seems nice on paper, but then you'd have to remain stationary which is not good.
    Since your fielding 1500pts, you're spending an awful lot of points on your hq and his bodyguard. for vanilla marines I tend to use nothing but a libby and he is just as much there for his psychic hood as for anything else. Personally, I want my hq to be cheap and effective, both traits are found in your basic librarian.
    The honour guards are beasty in CC, but I don't really see them working here.

Your tacs are both kitted out in the same way, which is good, though using plasmagun and plasmacannon is a tad too much given their tendancy to overheat and your marines don't have FNP. You might be better off going for a combo like meltagun and multi melta instead.
    If you'd be able to squeeze tellion in your scouts, you can drop the camo cloaks and his ability's are very good.

If you really want to field regular terminators, you're probably better off walking them in an giving them a Cyclone missile launcher. This would help since you're lacking in long range shooting.

Godhammer pattern LR's don't really pull their weight. a crusader or even a redeemer might serve you better. Especially the redeemer, since he is 10 pts cheaper, you can take the MM on top for the same cost as a crusader.

All in all, your list lacks in long range support. BA can bridge the gap between your army and your opponent's in a much easyer way given their speed. Vanilla marines on the other hand excell more in shooting an by pouring a ton of firepower in from the different FOC's. You could always look at having a couple of dreads with 2X TL AC's or the likes.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by |james|
    would apreciate tips on how to get the most out of my units rather than "swap all that shit for a named character and some Vindicators"
    What about two named characters? Shrike and Lysander together can really... [Intrepid ducks thrown object]

Well. I think you can drop the Land Raider for a Rhino, especially if you don't want the Raider. It looks like you're planning to run 3 transports up while leaving combat squads in support positions? Then the honor guard can simply hop another Rhino if their ride gets shot up. Besides, you don't want the HG to get too far ahead of your other units; they're anti-character and morale support, not a death star.

Would you be willing to swap the Terminators for an Assault squad, at least at this points level? They can follow the Rhinos' advance more easily and will be essential to supporting five-man combat squads when they inevitably get in combat. Lists that emphasize infantry always need quantity of bodies, not quality.

Keep the Chapter Master (you need him for the honor guard) but put him with your Scout Squad. Six Scouts are not going to hold an objective by themselves and your opponent will probably send his hardest hitters at the mechanized advance, giving the CM his chance to shine.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off thank you very much for your advice i realise now that my main plan was to run 6 marines at the opponents army and hope for the best. based on this ive optimized my list for what i want to field but i think it may stand a chance.

HQ:

Space marine chapter master - 170
    Terminator armour
    Lightning claw

Librarian 115
    Combi melta

really need help with choosing powers personally id lean towards force dome and gate

Honour guard Squad - 225

1 chapter champion - Relic blade
    4 honour guard - Chapter banner

Troops:

tactical squad - 245

10 marines
    Powerfist
    Combi melta
    MG
    MM
    rhino

tactical squad - 245

10 marines
    Powerfist
    Combi melta
    MM
    MG
    rhino

Elites:

Terminator squad 230

5 terminators

CML

Sternguard 270

9 Sternguard
    9 combi meltas

Total points: 1500!

the main idea behind this army is that the CM get into the termi squad (with his armour he becomes relentless and thus able to use his orbital strike on the move) and the libby in the sternguard squad (to gate them around and provide an invuln save for them) and run the HG behind the rhinos into the centre of the board where theyll be good for a couter charge to cover my tac squads

+ Reply to Thread