<2000 1500' mech blood angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

1500' mech blood angels

I have posted a couple of armies here and looked at a lot all over the Internet. I am trying to make a list that can take on all comers in a competitive manner but will be tailored quite a bit to power armoured foes as i play CSM quite a lot.

Hq Libby ( not sure which powers)
    Troop 10 man assault squad, 2 meltaguns, PF, land raider redeemer.
    3 five man assault squads, meltaguns, PF, razorback, las/plas
    5 man scout, rocket launcher
    Elite 2 sanguinary priests, PW
    Fast attack 2 baal predators with flame storm cannons
    Land speeder with multi melta

The basic tactics is for the assault squads to spearhead an assault. Popping the enemy transports with razorbacks and meltaguns and following uo with an assault. The scouts will sit on the home objectives and try to wound big things, and the flame storm cannons to go to their home objective and clear them out, using their scout move for the extra boost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems fairly solid to me. For libby powers, shield and sword of sanguinius are good. I mean, 4 str10 attacks on the charge with a 5++ to boot. Or unleash rage is also good, but only replace the sword. Shield is a staple libby power. As for the list, give the scouts sniper rifles. Besides that, it looks good. But where do the sanguinary guard go?
    Also, I assume the assault squad is without jump packs, yes?
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Yes the assault squads raw without jump packs.
    The sanguinary priest will go in the 6 man razorbacks, and 1 In rye redeemer.
    Also, is there anything wrong with the tactics pr are they sound?
    Finally, do i need to cut points to make the libby a epistolary or will a basic one be worth it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The basic Libby is more than worth it; don't upgrade him unless you have some spare points, and also If it is over 2500 points. The tactics are sound; the only problem I can see is if they have massed anti-tank fire like as I said the las-platoon, but also watch out for Tau rail guns; str10 ap1 and up to 9 twin linked ones within the FOC. Concentrate on the nasty AT units first. Besides that, very sound tactics. Not my sort of thing, I prefer a DoA army with a couple of storm ravens with DC. But it could certainly work. Always go for first turn, too, to stop any alpha strikes. Be wary of deployment; take into account the possibility of each thing being wrecked, and ensure that the others won't get blocked if it does get destroyed.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread