<2000 1500 Death Korps of Krieg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Death Korps of Krieg

Stumbling around the interwebs I found myself the DKoK downloadable PDF from the forgeworld site (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...DF/k/kreig.pdf for those who want to check it out) and decided to go about and make an army for a little friendly battle so here goes.

CCS-2xPlasma Vox Power Fist @ 110
    2 Heavy Mortars @ 100
    2 Quad Launchers @ 100
    Platoon 1
    PCS- 2xFlamers Vox @ 55
    2 Infantry Squad- Flamer Power Weapon Vox Platoon Standard @ 190
    4 Infantry Squads- Flamer Power Weapon @ 300
    Heavy Weapons Squad – 3 Lascannons @95
    Platoon 2
    PCS- 2xFlamers Vox @ 55
    1 Infantry Squad- Flamer Power Weapon Vox Platoon Standard @ 95
    2 Infantry Squads- Flamer Power Weapon @ 300
    Heavy Weapons Squad – 3 Lascannons @95
    Medusa Siege Cannon @ 100
    Medusa Siege Cannon @ 100

The plan is pretty simple and very WWI-ish, The Infantry will blob into 3 30 man squads and stand in front while the artillery bombards the crap out of the enemy, the the squads will then advance and hopefully mop up what ever is left.

I'll be proxying all of these with cadians but hopefully someday I'll make the couple hundred million dollars it costs to purchase a forgeworld army =P

Thanks for reading

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Interesting ideas. I've run a similar list at 1500 points but used dual CCS, one to babysit the weapon teams and one to help the infantry advance. The offensive CCS used a company banner and I kept my men in 7 x 10 man infantry squads. I feel blobbing is less useful for Krieg lists because you don't need commissars for the "stubborn" USR so it doesn't save any points. On the other hand Running small squads gives their buddies a chance to counter-charge next turn for the boost to attacks. Even better, if they wipe the 10 man screening squad you can shoot them up with your assault weapons before charging too. Vs big mobs of Orks for example, that counter-charge is really important.

The Medusa is gross, definatly the best buy in the list. I ran one but 2x is an excellent pick. I'd also consider a master of ordinance for the command squad since they can afford to be static for a good few turns. I don't like the heavy mortars though, quad guns seemed better. The mortars used to be good in the previous edition because they had a lot of support ammunition types (smoke rounds especially). Now they feel under powered. If you want additional blast templates I'd go for some cyclops instead (I use epic tanks) for 25 points they are a steal and really hilarious. I'm not 100% sure it's legal but I detonate them when the enemy has engaged my units in close combat and are bunched up. Remember, they can move at combat speed (12 inches) because they are a vehicle then detonate in the shooting phase because it's not a shooting attack.

I equipped my platoon command squads with 2x melta and a power fist. I don't trust BS3 lascannons to get the job done and it's nice to have that extra firepower at close range. The power fist is also pretty nasty, doubling out all manner of Eldar and Dark Eldar HQs and killing MEQs on a 2+. The squad offers nice ablative wounds too, and properly positioned you are almost always going to get the charge for the +1 attack. I find that loadout works great for troubleshooting.

The vox isn't a terrible choice but is probably redundant. You don't need orders so much with the Krieg except on the weapons teams and they can't have a vox . Regular troops have the ability that lets them rally so long as they are within range of an officer so "get back in the fight" is less essential. The rest of the orders are good but hardly game breaking if you fail to pass the check.

The #1 thing I'd do is add a master of ordinance though, that's really adds a whole lot to a static list. 30 points??!!! Bargain!

Anyway I hope this was some use. I love seeing infantry armies on the table, it feels really cinematic. I'm really glad FW made the Krieg list publically available.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply! Yea I didn't even really think of not blobing them. I'm so used to blobing squads I just do it in my brain now. Also, I had almost forgotten about the master of ordinance. I can get him by dropping the Platoon Standards in the blobs and the all voxs, then I can get him and the melta upgrades too Leaving me with about 25pts. Maybe the regi standard on the CCS and melta bombs on the two PCS? Ill just switch the Heavy Mortars to Quads since they are the same point value The only thing I wish is that those medusa didn't cost so much $$$. Do you know of any good proxys? If I do actually start collecting I'd rather not pay over $100 bucks per cannon when I'm already spending over $600 on infantry alone. Curse those forge world models for being so badass!!!
    Last edited by Gir8491; February 25th, 2011 at 06:38.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I picked up a Basilisk off ebay for cheap and magnetised its gun so that it can be mounted on a small base:

http://staff.tankrush.com/~korona/Dscf1335.jpg
    http://staff.tankrush.com/~korona/Dscf1336.jpg

This Basilisk stands in for lots of things, collossus, medusa etc but just the gun on a base it makes a totally fine static medusa in the Siege Army list. Overall I think it's a good buy. Chimera chassis are cool, for example you can see that scratchbuilt hydra turret in the back of the shot. I have some magnetised guns I made that go on the side, added to the Basslisk sans cannon it works well.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread