<2000 1500pts Space Wolves (Tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

1500pts Space Wolves (Tournament)

A 1500pts list for an up-coming tournament. Let me know what you think.

HQ

Orten Blackwing

Rune Priest - Bolt pistol, Forceweapon, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades, Jump pack, . (Living Lightning and Tempests Wrath.) 125

Elites

Lorken's Wolfguard

3 Wolfguard - 3 Combi-meltas, 3 Powerfists, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades. 129

Troops

Erik's Pack

9 Grey Hunters - Bolters, Bolt pistols, Meltagun, Close combat weapons, Powerfist, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf standard.
    Rhino - Stormbolter, Searchlight and Smoke launcher. 225

Sven's Pack

9 Grey Hunters - Bolters, Bolt pistols, Meltagun, Close combat weapons, Powerfist, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf standard.

Haakon's Pack

Fast Attack

The Fang of Freki

Landspeeder - Multi-melta and Heavy flamer. 70

The Fang of Geri

Landspeeder - Multi-melta and Heavy flamer. 70

Heavy Support

Jurgan's Pack

Long Fang Squad Leader - Bolt pistol, Close combat weapon, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades.
    Long Fangs - 5 Missile launchers, Close combat weapons, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades.
    Razorback - Las-cannon and twin-linked plasmagun, Searchlight, Smoke launchers. 215

Hrothgar's Pack

Long Fang Squad Leader - Bolt pistol, Close combat weapon, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades.
    Long Fangs - 5 Missile launchers, Close combat weapons, Power armour, Frag and krak grenades.
    Razorback - Las-cannon and twin-linked plasmagun, Searchlight, Smoke launchers. 215

Total - 1499

I've gone for flexibilty here.
    The Wolfguard led Grey Hunters either storm forward to seize objectives against shooty/balanced armies or hold back to counter attack if fighting a close combat orientated army.
    All this time the Long Fangs will pour missiles into enemy transports or horde units whilst the land speeders move up the flanks to destroy vehicles as well as possibly divert some firepower away from the Grey Hunters.
    The Runepriest will usually advance behind the Grey Hunters providing them with some protection against psychic powers as well as making things difficult for enemy deep strikers, jetbikes, skimmers and jump pack troops with Tempests Wrath or harassing the enemy with Living Lightning.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; February 26th, 2011 at 21:18.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

The list looks pretty good to me, but one question. If you plan on using your Rune Priest in a supporting role (like all good priests) then why the jump pack? Just to make sure he can cover a larger area?
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a pretty solid list there. My temptation would be to drop those two land speeders for another long fang pack without the transport. But I do tend towards overkill on long fangs: )

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Taubeast View Post
    The list looks pretty good to me, but one question. If you plan on using your Rune Priest in a supporting role (like all good priests) then why the jump pack? Just to make sure he can cover a larger area?
    Pretty much so he can keep pace with the Rhino's if he needs to or to get him in range of enemy psykers so that he can hinder their attempts to use their powers. I really do not want him to get into combat unsupported so if he is not blocking psykers or denying enemy deep strikers he will largely be hanging back out of range of enemy firepower and cast living lightning.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

I would rate this as one of the more effective looking SW lists I've seen. It's clean, coherent, and fits with it's expressed strategy. It also has solid contingencies for both mechanized and horde opponents. Nicely done.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

The points are off, minus the HQ, I got 1503 points.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005 View Post
    The points are off, minus the HQ, I got 1503 points.
    I think you need to check your maths again I had the codex in front of me when I wrote the list and was checking my points as I went.

Actually I stand corrected. The 9 man Grey Hunter squads should be 225pts each. I had put the total points for when they have the Wolfgaurd attached yet still listed the points for the wolfguard separately.. That has now been corrected but you will still find that they tally up to 1499pts.

Remember kids let this be a lesson to you, never drink and write army lists.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; February 26th, 2011 at 21:23.

+ Reply to Thread