<3000 Anti-Mech DOA-BA 2k & 2.5k Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-Mech DOA-BA 2k & 2.5k Armies

I don't know why, but I just thought to myself, how can I possibly get the most amount of Anti-Mech in a Blood Angels army. Well, I thought about it and here is a quick run through of what I came up with:

2000 Points:

HQ:
    Librarian - Jump Pack, Blood Lance & Shield - 125pts
    Honour Guard - Jump Packs, 4x Meltaguns - 205pts

Elites:
    Sang. Priest - 50pts

Troops:
    5x RAS - 1x Meltagun, 1x Power Weapon & Infernus Pistol - 140pts

Fast Attack:
    Attack Bike - Multi-Melta - 50pts

Heavy Support:
    10x Devastators - 4x Missle Launchers - 210pts

Basically this is a DOA army with a few Anti-Mech backup units. 1st Turn: Priest joins Devs to give them survivability, Devs will combat squad to shoot multiple targets if needed. The attack bikes will turboboost forward for a cover save. 2nd+ Turn: Librarian will join a RAS and nuke hopefully a few vehicles with Lance & Meltas, HG will nuke a large vehicle, and the others will do the same in turn. Thats the basic strategy, added P. Weapon to help deal with troops inside of transports.

2500 Points:

HQ:
    Commander Dante - 225pts
    Librarian - Jump Pack, Blood Lance & Shield - 125pts
    Honour Guard - Jump Packs, 2x Meltaguns, 1x Flamer - 190pts

Honour Guard - Jump Packs, 4x Meltaguns - 205pts

Elites:
    2xSang. Priest - 1x SM Bike - 135pts

Troops:

Fast Attack:

Heavy Support:

Basically the same list, with the inclusion of another priest, honour guard and Dante. Same strategy as above except: Dante, Librarian and 2xMelta HG will precision DS for the best multi-lance tank killing possible. Other HG and RAS's will go after other targets. The priest on Bike will ride along with the Attack Bikes to give them FNP.

Let me know what you guys think, and with any suggestions to make it better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Are you looking for feedback on how much anti-mech you have, or how to make the army not a one trick pony? I won't comment on the 2.5k list because I refuse to acknowledge 'Ard Boyz point levels.

Need at least two Priests, one will not cover your entire army and Priests love to die. Would much rather have Fear, Unleash or Sword on a Libby, Shield is better for Furioso Libbys.

205pts for 4 Meltaguns? There is anti-mech and gimping yourself. Bye bye Honor Guard.

Troops are okay I guess, they really need a second Priest to cover all those squads. Lack of PF is gimping in some scenarios but hopefully no Dreadnoughts or MCs survive to munch on you....although they probably will.

Attack Bikes and Devs in DoA? Why would you remove your advantage and give your opponent targets in the early game? Sanguinary Guard, Sternguard in a Pod and Vanguards are MUCH better options for BA if you're committed to DoA. Devs are especially not amazing, those units are expensive and would love to be assaulted, they aren't cheap like Long Fangs with an additional ability. If you really want them, cut the extra bodies and accept the fact they're squishy.

You can cut a ton of points in your 2k list that can go to better anti-Mech that doesn't gimp you.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread