<2000 2k Vanilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Vanilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Vanilla

Well, I don't drop by 40k often - I should do, I prefer it to WHFB, I just don't get to play often. Anyway, no further adieu:

HQ

Vulkan He'stan

Troops

10x Tactical
    +Multimelta
    +Flamer
    +Powerfist, Meltabombs
    Drop Pod

10x Tactical
    +Multimelta
    +Flamer
    +Powerfist, Meltabombs
    Drop Pod

10x Tactical
    +Multimelta
    +Flamer
    +Powerfist, Meltabombs
    Drop Pod

10x Tactical
    +Missile
    +Flamer
    +Powerfist, Meltabombs
    Razorback
    +TL-Lascannon

Elites

6x Sternguard (+Vulkan)
    +2xMeltaguns
    Drop Pod

Dreadnought
    +Multimelta
    +Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod

Dreadnought
    +Multimelta
    +Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod

Heavy Support

Predator
    +Lascannon Sponsons

Predator
    +Lascannon Sponsons

Thunderfire Cannon

2000 pts

Vulkhan for the lovely TL Meltas and Flamers, really helps with the AT and clearing out close range. Other than that, I love the model and rules for him as an individual.

4 Tacticals have no problems holding objectives down, especially since they arrive as they're needed, late game, after the Dreads and Sternguard.

Sternguard and Dreads arrive turn one, knock out some vehicles. Preds and TF cannon whack out some fire where it's needed, TF is great against anything but power-armour!

So, its a nice and simple list, what does everyone think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Good

Elites: Like the dreads. Arm the starnguard with lots of combimeltas as they still keep the special ammo.

Troops: No need for MB when you have PF already and more TL meltas than the rest of the sector in one army. Arm the razorback squad with long ranged firepower such as lascannon or plasma cannon.

Heavy: Good. Improving the cover save on a ruin in your deployment is an excellent place to position the combat squad from the razorback tac squad.

Overall a great list. I would prefer to see 5 TH/SS termies in there perhapse in place of the sternguard.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It looks like a decent application of the Vulcan list. I do have a couple suggestions, though.

-skip the meltabombs, since you have power fists. If anything, I'd suggest combi-melta/meltagun/multimelta for the Tacticals, but it *is* hard to go wrong with Power Fists.
    -consider some MM attack bikes or MM/HF speeders, they'll add some extra mobile punch to your army.
    -take combi-meltas on the sternguard instead of meltaguns, that'll still let you kill tanks with them while retaining the use of Special Ammunition
    -You can easily free up some points by dropping the Las/Plas-Back to a TLHB model. Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing at all wrong with TLHBs.

+ Reply to Thread