<2000 1500 Points Combat Engineers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Points Combat Engineers

I've decided to do a themed list on a combat engineers company with lots of explosives, flamethrowers and the tanks being heavily modified makeshift bulldozers. This is what I've come up with so far. I'm trying to keep with the theme as close as possible but still have some competitive necessities. I think I've struck a healthy balance.

Hq
    Company Command Squad, Plasma Gun x 3, Medi-Pack, Master of Ordinance, Chimera, Hunter Killer, Hull Flamer

Elites

Guardsmen Marbo

Troops

Veteran Squad, Meltaguns x 3, Demolitions, Chimera, Dozer Blade, Hull Flamer

Veteran Squad, Meltaguns x 3, Demolitions, Chimera, Dozer Blade, Hull Flamer
    Platoon 1
    Platoon Command Squad, Grenade Launcher x 2

Infantry Squad, Grenade Launcher, Autocannon

Infantry Squad, Grenade Launcher, Autocannon

Special Weapons Squad, Flamer x 2, Demolition Charge

Special Weapons Squad, Flamer x 2, Demolition Charge

Fast Attack

Hellhound, Multi-Melta, Dozer Blade

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Demolisher, Dozer Blade, Hunter Killer, Hull Flamer

Leman Russ Demolisher, Dozer Blade, Hunter Killer, Hull Flamer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

The HK missiles aren't all that necessary in my opinion, and Marbo is less of an engineer and more of a dangerous whack-job, but it looks like a viable fluff list.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I would drop the medipack for a 4th plasma gun. Especially if you are using it with the intention of avoiding deaths due to plasma overheats. Feel no pain is negated by the fact that plasma guns are both ap2 and instant kill. So unless there is some rule that says otherwise, your medipack will do sh*t all to help when you start rolling 1s.
    Last edited by Branflakes; February 28th, 2011 at 17:36.
    "Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything."
    "Brave are those who know everything, yet fear nothing"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Branflakes View Post
    Personally, I would drop the medipack for a 4th plasma gun. Especially if you are using it with the intention of avoiding deaths due to plasma overheats. Feel no pain is negated by the fact that plasma guns are both ap2 and instant kill. So unless there is some rule that says otherwise, your medipack will do sh*t all to help when you start rolling 1s.
    Acutally the gets hot wound from a plasma gun has no ap and no associated str. It's just hot, it doesn't shoot you. I do agree that the medic is not terribly cost efficient however, you could get another plasmagun and a plasma pistol for the commander fot the same price.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread