<3000 2000 point ssupposed new codex list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point ssupposed new codex list

Hey guys, just browsing scribid and found the rumour codex everyone is on about after not being able to find it. Anyway it looks like the one so I downloaded it and made a list from it. Here it is:

Brotherhood champion - As SM captain

Brotherhood champion - As SM captain

Terminator squad with DUAL nemesis falchions - 225

Terminator squad with DUAL nemesis falchions - 225

PAGK X 10 with rhino - 240

PAGK X 10 with rhino - 240

Storm raven - a lot cheaper than normal

Storm raven - a lot cheaper than normal

Dreadnknight with personal teleporter and nemesis greatsword - 230

Dreadnknight with personal teleporter and nemesis greatsword - 230

For those of you who don't know the changes/haven't got the codex, the changes that affect my list :

-Brotherhood champions are combat monsters
    -Termiators are troops
    -PAGK can take a rhino
    -There are cheap storm ravens
    -The dreadknight setup there can move 30" once a game, which means turn 1 and is basicaly a dreadnought with a statline instead of armour values (sorry that's all i'm allowed to say)

I will revise this when the stores have a codex, so stay tuned! The idea is that the dreadknights and terminators with brotherhood champions in stormravens storm in, turning everything that looks at them funny into a cloud of red mist. This distracts them from the advancing PAGKs which will shoot the hell out of things then help with assaults if nescasary. Ideas?

"Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Do we know what Nemesis great swords and Nemesis Falchions do?
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe greatsword gives str10, +1/2 initiative and +1/2 attacks and falchions are basically 2 halberds, giving +2 attacks instead of just one (because it replaces the SB and that gives you +1 anyway) so I get 4 halberd attacks basic, 5 on the charge.
    Last edited by Aun'Vre; March 4th, 2011 at 01:56.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, updated the list because as good as a brotherhood champion is he is, after all, a 1-wound model with T4. 1 meltagun=10 points BC=100 points. Go figure. 4 of them on IG make two hits, instant death, ignores armour. 4+ invun = one unsaved wound. He will die. Here is the new list:

Ordo malleus inquisitor - 55
    Artificer armour
    combi flamer
    pybolt ammo

Ordo malleus inquisitor - 55
    Artificer armour
    combi flamer
    pybolt ammo

2 Termoinator squads - XXX

10 PAGK - 250
    Rhino
    Truesilver armour

5 PAGK - 185
    Razorback
    Lascannons
    Warp stabalisation fields

5 PAGK - 185
    Razorback
    Lascannons
    Warp stabalisation fields

2 Storm ravens with lascannons and multi-meltas - 410

Dreadknight - 230
    Nemesis greatsword
    Personal teleporter

Dreadknight - 230
    Nemesis greatsword
    Personal teleporter

The idea is that a raven, razorback and dreadknight moves up each flank and the 10 man squad sits on an objective, plinking away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression falchions were lightning claws in all respects.... guess we won't know for sure till the entire codex comes out

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

I'm alarmed at the prospect of dreadkinghts being able to take personal teleporters.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the falchions, we don't know yet.

But yes, you should be EXTREMELY scared at the dreadknights. 12" normal move and once a game a 30" move. So you can be in combat by the end of turn 1 XD give them greatswords and teleporters and take 3. I think a lot of people might be doing this.

But on a different note, the inquisitors are a steal. They are a cheap, kitted-out captain just over half the cost, with the only downside being S&T 3. Good in a squad, if I recall they are 5 points more than the old justicars, with 3 wounds.

And on yet another different note, any thoughts on coteaz? I just love the model and may just get him anyway, but at only 100 points he seems an effective leader.
    Last edited by Aun'Vre; March 4th, 2011 at 23:06.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Coteaz seems worth the points. He has rasonable weapons and armour and gets sobe decent psy powers. Take a look at the 1500 point army in this forum started by Erehk. It is a henchmen with melta spam list using Coteaz with 71 meltaguns in chimeras.

If a dreadknight uses the 30" teleport then it cannot assault so no turn one charges. Unless of course you use a grey knight GM to use strategy making D3 Dreadknights have 'scout'. On turn "zero" you move 12" then turn one move 12" more and charge 6".

What's that? an enemy manticore in a far corner that you really want dead?

Well on turn "zero" in the scout move you could move 30" then turn one you get 18" more to hit whatever you like. Adding teeporters to grey knight troops can get a similar effect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

How about squeaking in a grand master. You could easily end up with 2 scouting dreadknights which assault turn 1. Otherwise they cannot assault after they do thier 30" teleport. It is an awesome upgrade. But, I think that the cost is appropriate for such an at first glance OP ability. A ton of pts for a Grand Master, and a couple of PT equipped DreadKnights, ie ~600pts. Maybe even a little broken, but no worse than scouting valks and vendettas in your backfield with meltavets before your half of the first turn.

I don't believe stormbolters are going to act as pistols for an additional attack. My guess is that they will be just power swords with the option of one wound striking as a force weapons through the brotherhood of psykers ability. Hammerhand helps to balance the lack of attacks out. Nemesis Falshions are likely to be just GK lightning claws. Otherwise things would be nowhere near balanced.

The doomfists will already be S10 i believe, though i will be curious to see if they count as DCCWs, or as powerfists. If they were powerfists, it may justify the Nemesis greatsword being S10 and striking at initiative.

Anyways, it looks like i'll likely be running my dreadknights with teleporters and Heavy Psycannons. But my 2k list will be Draigo, 3x5 paladin squads with psycannons and various weapons upgrades, and 3x Dreadknights with HPsycannons and Personal Teleporters. 2000pts ... 19 models 46 wounds... 2+AS across the board with an ++save and Powerweapons on everyone. Can not Wait.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

I am thinking of

HQ: Librarian with 5 powers + servo skull 180 (quicksilver, Shrouding, Sanctuary, Warprift, Might of Titan)
    Elites: 10 Purifiers with halberds 260
    Troops: 10 GKSS with teleporters 260
    Troops: 10 GKSS with 2 psycannon 220
    Heavy: Deadknight with Heavy Psycannon 170
    Heavy: Deadknight with Heavy Psycannon 170

Leaves 20 points for a few upgrades such as falcions, Nemesis Hammers, incinerators etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast