<3000 2000pt Tank Corps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Tank Corps

I was watching the movie "Patton" earlier today when I decided that I needed more tanks in my army, and not just a normal mech guard army. I wanted a ton of Leman Russes running about blowing up stuff. So this is mostly friendly but I'd still like it torn apart. Thanks for reading!

CCS- 4xPlasma Powerfist Krak Grenades-Chimera MultiLaser, Hull Flamer @ 185
    Veterans – 3xMelta - Chimera MultiLaser, Hull Heavy Flamer @155
    Platoon
    PCS-Alrhiem 4xFlamers Krak Grenades- Chimera MultiLaser, Hull Heavy Flamer @ 180
    Squad – Grenade Launcher, Autocannon Chimera MultiLaser, Hull Heavy Flamer @ 120
    Squad – Grenade Launcher, Autocannon Chimera MultiLaser, Hull Heavy Flamer@ 120
    2 x Leman Russ Demolisher- Hull Heavy Flamers @ 330
    2 x Leman Russ Battle Tank- Hull Heavy Bolters @ 300
    2 x Leman Russ Battle Tank- Hull Heavy Bolters @ 300

I thought that Al'rhiem and an outflanking Mech-Platoon would be an interesting little gizmo to play around with .

Last edited by Gir8491; March 3rd, 2011 at 08:34.
    My pre-game strategy: Unit A will outflank, Unit B will give supporting fire, and Unit C will advance slowly as Batteries A,B & C pound away at the enemy
    What actually happens: All units fix bayonets and charge!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing? How sad
    My pre-game strategy: Unit A will outflank, Unit B will give supporting fire, and Unit C will advance slowly as Batteries A,B & C pound away at the enemy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I like it. I would play that army just how it is for fun. If it did well, I might even make it a tourney list.

You MIGHT not have enough anti tank firepower. Unfortunately, unlike real tanks that can choose what kinds of rounds to fire depending on their targets, 40k tanks don't get that choice so there's a chance that your chimelta vets can't take out all the armor that they need to and then you might have a problem.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

It would make most nid lists cry, but you might run into some issues due to squadroning. I think that given the constraints you put forward, that it as about as tight as you can make it.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could drop the plasmas and powerfist on the CCS down to melta guns and add some lascannons on the 2 of the Leman Russes for a bit more anti tank. The expansion for this list to 2500pt has much more anti tank in the for of 2 vendettas and 2 squads veterans with flamers and demolitons. Thanks for all the input!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Squadroning is no drawback if you know the tricks to it but I recommend using blob squads instead of mechanized units to complement them. If this interferes with your fluff too much then never mind, but 80% of my Leman Russ casualties result from close combat and critical-range meltaguns. Blobs are the best prevention and will maximize the joy you get from fielding large numbers of REAL tanks.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Al is kind of cool, but his support troops with AC in Chim's statics his force... you want to be on the move and the 3 Chim's with str6 weapons will do fine...

I'd turn Al's troops weapons from AC's & GL's to Plasma Guns for AL's troops so they can fire on the move...

I'd also lose the powerfist & kraks on the CCS infavor of Plasma Pistols for AL's troops...

so each squad has 3 str7 AP2 shots at 6" on the move from their Chim (plus the chim's HF since your that close)

just my 2 cents...

ZJ

+ Reply to Thread