<2000 1,500 leaked codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500 leaked codex

Okay with the leaked codex out i thought i would make up some lists that i can use when the codex hits shelves. That way i know what i want so can get straight to building, painting and most importantly playing! Also i hope i get some ideas going and help you out in seeing the possibilities of the grey knights.

Cortez =100

Crusader x3 =205
    Death cult assasin x5
    Flagellant x2
    mystic x1
    Chimera - multi laser Heavy flamer

Warrior w meltagun x5 =135
    Mystic x1

Mystic x1

Mystic x1

Mystic x1

Weaponsmith x5 =265
    warrior w bolter x7
    Cimera w Multi laser heavy bolter

Dreadknight =130

Dreadknight =130

Dreadknight =130

Total =1,500

Okay for those who havn't seen the codex this is basicly what everything does:

Crusader:
    guard statline with power weapon storm shield

Deathcult assasin :
    Guard statline except ws5 str4 A2 I6 with 2 power weapons

Flagellant:
    Guard statline except ws5 str5 A4

Mystic:
    Guard statline (acts as teleport homer)

Warrior:
    Guard statline except cheeper than normaly guard.

Weaponsmith:
    Bit worse stats that guardsmen BUT acts as obliterator (lasacannon, heavyflamer, multi-melta) Can also make weapons rending if you roll on a chart and +12 inch range +1 save and 5++.

Dreadknight:
    Big monstrous creature with deepstrike with T7 W4 2+/4++

Anyway idea behind this list is as cortex is my HQ the warbands are troops so weaponsmiths will sit in there chimera shooting with 5 lasacannons camping on an objective.
    Other chimeras move up in a wall with heavy flamers and multi-lasers to deal with infantry with 5 meltaguns ready to shoot out and pop vehicles. These 4 squads will basicly never disembark as all 5 can shoot from the top hatch. Cortez with the assault group will ride with them ready to counter units. This chimera wall will try to get up close as quickly as possible to make use of the melta and flamer.
    Now fluff-wise grey knights would deep strike into battle when the inquisitional forces find any heretics. So i have 3 Dreadknights to deepstrike using the 5 mystics teleport homer to land on track. They can then cause havok in a mostly de-meched army with holocaust to thin the horde before assaulting.
    Cortez also has sanctuary so if any chimeras get poped the guys inside are less likely to get assaulted. Mind blades and hammerhand will boost the combat potential for his warband group and can do a lot of damage.

Overall it is a bit spamy but can scare and beat pretty much any list out there. Thoughts and comments?

Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Looks good. You can probably drop 2-3 Mystics and still keep tactical flexibility. footslogging dreadknights may be a better way to get into combat. If they teleport they can only get into combat on T3 at the earliest. Footsloging can often see them enter combat on turn 2 and you dont run the risk of not arriving until turn 4.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Looks rather competitive. This basic build may be common for those looking to spam cheap meltas.

I'd drop a dreadknight and find 20 more pts to get personal teleporters on the other two. The footsloggers are going to lag far behind your army. And waiting to roll your DS keeps them out of the game for too long. I'd rather have 2 dreadknights mixing it up in CC turn 2, than hoping three may come in and make combat by turn 3. Not to mention how much less maneuverable they are on foot compared to being jump infnatry. Without the need for mystics you could even afford a Heavy Incinerator or Heavy Psycannon for the others.

+ Reply to Thread