<2000 Need Help Cutting 1750pt Mech Guard down to 1500pts for TOS? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Need Help Cutting 1750pt Mech Guard down to 1500pts for TOS?

I知 going to Throne Of Skulls next month and I知 having trouble cutting down my 1750pt list to 1500 as all the units do their jobs very well. So I知 hoping you guys will be able to help me to decide what to drop. Anyway here痴 my 1750pt list

HQ
    112 Command Squad:
    Bolt Pistol, 3x Melta Guns and Officer Of The Fleet
    55 Chimera: Heavy Flamer
    (The Officer Of The Fleet helps to deal with Deep Strikers & Outflankers that can cause a lot of trouble for the exposed 10 armour)

TROOPS
    100 Veteran Squad:
    3 Meltaguns

100 Veteran Squad:
    3 Meltaguns

100 Veteran Squad: 3 Meltaguns

115 Veteran Squad: 3 Plasmaguns
    (These are the only units I think I can drop, if I ditch 2 of the melta vets & the commander's bolt pistol I can take marbo)

FAST ATTACK
    130 Vendetta

140 Vendetta:
    Heavy Bolters

135 Banewolf: Heavy Flamer & Smoke Launchers
    (Vendettas out of the question and the Banewolf has killed tons of hordes and marines so not too keen to ditch it)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    230 - Leman Russ Executioner:
    Plasma Cannon Sponsons and Heavy Flamer

160 Manticore: Heavy Flamer

150 2 Hydras
    (The leman Russ is a obvious choice and is a late edition to the army cause I wasn稚 keen on expensive unit but then I fielded one at a tournament and realised the long range heavy infantry killers is what the army needs, plus it draws fire away from the AV12 army. The Manticore has good and bad days so I guess thats an option? The Hydras like the Vendettas are out of the question.)

So what do you guys suggest I ditch to slim the army down to 1500pts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

I would drop a meltavet squad and the Russ. that would leave you with 135 points to play with, enough for a vet squad with grenade launchers and forward sentries. Alternatively you could get a bassie just to further annoy your opponent.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

To be honest the best option would probably be to drop the manticore and a squad of meltavets then I'd have 65pts left to spend.
    With that I can either buy Marbo or find another 10pts (probably the vendetta heavy bolters) and afford a Griffon Mortar to fulfil the role of long range anti-horde?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

That would also be a viable way to go. I'm not a fan of staionary tanks, especially one that costs 230 points. You might benefit from finding a way to optimize that Russ and use the excess on upgrades for other units.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread