750 IG list, comments/sugestions please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 IG list, comments/sugestions please

Coming back to playing 40k after a few years out, last played just after 4th Ed was relased. Really like the look/feel of the new IG list, starting out against my mates Tau soon as i can get the army bought & painted; having looked at a few of the lists and advice on the forums for inspiration here my provisional list:

HQ:
    CCS, Vox 55

Troops:
    PCS, Vox 35
    IS Vox 55
    IS Vox 55
    HWS 3xAutocannon 75

VS 3xMelta, Shotguns, Chimera (HB&HF)155
    VS 3xMelta, Shotguns, Chimera (HB&HF)155

Heavy Support
    LR, Ex Armour (BC&H 165

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you put the 3 autocannons in the PCS and 2 IS's you protect your cannons and save 45 points. drop Ex armour on the tank. now ad marbo for winsauce.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Voxes aren't really needed in general, but they are completely pointless if there aren't any weapons in the squads. CCS is BS4 and can take a ton of weapons/gear, load them up. Same goes for the PCS.

Extra Armour is junk. Weapons on the chimeras should be Multilaser/Heavy Flamer. Consider upgrading the gun on the LR to a lascannon for some added versatility (not needed, though). Other than that, not bad. Just add more guns.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by IGcollector View Post
    if you put the 3 autocannons in the PCS and 2 IS's you protect your cannons and save 45 points. drop Ex armour on the tank. now ad marbo for winsauce.
    The PCS can take a single heavy weapon. The Infantry Squads can take one each.

Chimeras should never take turreted HBs. Multilasers are always better.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers guys, easy to fix methinks
    kk, something more like this perhaps

HQ
    CCS + AutoCannon 60

Elite
    Marbo 65

Troops
    PCS + 3 G.Launchers 45
    IS + AutoCannon 60
    IS + AutoCannon 60

Veteran Squad + 3 Melta + Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer)155
    Veteran Squad + 3 Melta + Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer)155

Heavy Support
    L.Russ 150

750 BangOn..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Welcome to LO!

I think your list would be better with some more weapons, you'd have to drop Marbo though.

Give your infantry squads grenade launchers, aswell as a fourth to your platoon command squad.

Your company command squad also looks like it would love a pair of grenade launchers.

That should leave you with 40 points, which is just enough for a scout sentinel with an autocannon or a heavy flamer, normally i'd suggest the autocannon but in your list at this point value I actually think that the heavy flamer would be a better choice.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Welcome to LO!

I think your list would be better with some more weapons, you'd have to drop Marbo though.

Give your infantry squads grenade launchers, aswell as a fourth to your platoon command squad.

Your company command squad also looks like it would love a pair of grenade launchers.

That should leave you with 40 points, which is just enough for a scout sentinel with an autocannon or a heavy flamer, normally i'd suggest the autocannon but in your list at this point value I actually think that the heavy flamer would be a better choice.
    Kevin V. makes some decent points, but at 750 giving up marbo is a tough sell. Marbo is a beast for his points, but he is frail. If you favor a riskier play style, I'd suggest keeping him. If you want to play more conservatively make the changes that KV suggested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Well I find Marbo is best around 1500pts, as is there wont be very many valuble targets for him to hit, although he is more likely to survive into the turn after he is used I just dont know if he's worth it in low point games.

I guess it's like you said, a more conservative way to play, weather or not it's better would be personal prefrence but if you're starting out it can be good to see a lot of different vets views.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Well I find Marbo is best around 1500pts, as is there wont be very many valuble targets for him to hit, although he is more likely to survive into the turn after he is used I just dont know if he's worth it in low point games.

I guess it's like you said, a more conservative way to play, weather or not it's better would be personal prefrence but if you're starting out it can be good to see a lot of different vets views.
    The primary argument in favor of Marbo in lower point games is that a demo charge can have a disproportionate impact if the dice gods favor you. Above 1500, your opponent is likely to have a large enough mass of troops to take the hit and get a free kill-point for your trouble. My own favorite Marbo story happened at 500. In that case he managed to take out a DA dev squad and a Dread before being taken down in a hail of bolter fire. Your mileage may vary.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotUniform View Post
    cheers guys, easy to fix methinks
    kk, something more like this perhaps

HQ
    CCS + AutoCannon 60

Elite
    Marbo 65

Troops
    PCS + 3 G.Launchers 45
    IS + AutoCannon 60
    IS + AutoCannon 60