<1000 crimson fists, a small force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

crimson fists, a small force

After reading one of the whats new today posts on games workshop about bits and what to use them for i actually took a good look and noticed all of the crimson fist stuff and thought, why not.

This is just a 1000 point marine army with the idea being to make them look great with all the special shoulder pads and stuff.

HQ

Pedro cantor

Troops

Tactical squad-10 marines with plasma gun and missile launcher, sergant with powerfist and bolt pistol and razorback with twin linked heavy bolters. 245 points

Tactical squad-10 marines with plasma gun and missile launcher, sergant with powerfist and bolt pistol and razorback with twin linked heavy bolters. 245 points

Elite

5 sternguard with 3 combi-meltas and 1 combi flamer, sergant with combi flamer and powerfist and razorback with twin linked lascannons. 250 points

Heavy Support

Predator with heavy bolter side sponsens. 85 points

It does lack a bit in av14 killing power but then I just need to hope no manages to get one of those in at 1000 points, that and i only have plasma guns spare at the minute but i also always take melta guns and flamers so something differnt is needed i think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

I approve of your choice of Crimson Fists, but I think you're massively overspending on upgrades. Try running meltagun/combimelta/missile launcher on your tacticals, that'll take care of your melta deficiency and save you some points. You should also drop all but 2 combi-meltas from the sternguard, and the TLLC from their transport. If you do that, you should have roughly enough for a Typhoon Speeder or another Predator.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

true but fluff wise, i remember most fist serganst would have had a power fist, good idea though, i will need to look into doing the list without so many power fists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I applaud you for building a list around fluff; and Pedrowing rocks; but you could accomplish your fluff goals and be a bit more competitive.

Firstly: The whole point of playing Pedrowing is scoring Sternguard. You're paying 250 points for 5 models who die as easily as regular marines. Sternguard are best when they're as naked as possible, with a sprinkling of combi-melta so they're not useless against tanks. However, I would argue that in a 1000 points, you could even dispose of this so that you're SG don't waste time shooting at tanks! Take a full squad of 10 SG in a rhino. That's 35 more points than you have now, but a lot more killy with just their special ammo, and twice as survivable.

I ask you, why does a plas/ML tac squad have a PF? Run your two tacs minus the PF's. Save 5% of your points cost on the PF/s and invest 1% of your points on meltabombs to put a little doubt in your opponent's mind before he/she tank shocks. That's 185 per squad before transports. Speaking of which, unless you were planning on combat squading, razorbacks can only carry six models, take rhinos. Drive them around together supporting one another to ensure they don't get dead by counter charge.

Ok, so with Pedro we're at 900 points. That's your predator and 3 combimeltas for the SG (I know I said dump them, but I was also an eagle scout, so, be prepared and what not). Or.... and this is my recommendation, that's 2 multimelta attack bikes for tank hunting, something you desperately need.

Anyway you cut it, it's a fluff list, do what makes you happy, but if you make some of these changes you could be fluffy and also kick some serious tail. Happy hunting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

good points, the thing is with me, i never really play to win, if i did i guess i might have a bit more luck at games. i guess the real reason for the pfists in the tac squads is more to do with the fact that it seemed fluffly at the time but in practicallity terms i guess not. i was thinking of dropping the predator and adding in twin linked lascannons for the razor backs and the tac squads where combat squading.

cheers for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread