<1000 750 pt Vanilla Marine list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 pt Vanilla Marine list.

Okay, so in my small group of friends there is a:

-Tau, focusing on a ton of fire-warriors / battlesuits,
    -Tyranids, pushing with semi horde armies.
    -IG, Tons of infantry with a few tanks,

for a 750pt List, i was thinking.

HQ

Captain
    w/ Relic Blade
    w/ Artificer Armor
    w/ Hellfire rounds

TROOPS

Tactical Squad, 5man
    w/ Power Fist
    w/ Razorback TL Hbolter

Scout Snipers, 5man
    w/ 4 Snipers
    w/ Telion
    w/ 4 Camo cloaks

FAST ATTACK

Land Speeder Typhoon
    w/ Hbolter

Land Speeder Typhoon
    w/ Hbolter

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator

Captain + Tac Squad in Razorback and Vindicator push down field using the tanks as cover when they jump out,

Scouts infiltrate an objective and attempt for rending on a MC with Telion( not using ML as i found 2 extra rending shots were better against MC/standard troops)

Land Speeders in diff squadrons, stay behind cover( krak missiles for insta kill on Warriors, + suppression with the Hbolter, last turn turboboost to an OBJ and contest

What do you guys think? complete fail or?

Last edited by redcolossus; March 14th, 2011 at 05:52. Reason: removed points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

You are not allowed toost the points for the upgrades for the squad. I.e. You only post the squad total. Edit your post before a mod has to.
    As for your army, there are a couple of problems. I would change the captain for a Libby. 2/3 of your friends have no psychic defence so will be able to cast as many powers as you want. And against the bugs, you will need some defence.

The tac squad is not allowed the flamer as you can only take special weapons in a 10 man squad. Also i think the power fist is a waste In such a small squad, swap it for a power weapon. Also if you take my advice about the Libby then you would be able to afford some more tac squad guys, and get a rhino instead of the razorback. More guys would be useful as at 750 pts then you only have11 infantry.

The scout squad is useful but at this points then there is no place for telion. Spend the pints on more tac guys and try to get it up to ten and get the free spec weapons.

The typhoons are great at this point level and will work especially well against your opponents. For tau they will instakill the battle suits and deal with any devilfishes. For bugs they will instakill warriors and 2 frags will devastate large nid squads, and for ig they can get side armour on their nasty vehicles and will kill lots of infantry easily.

Finally the vindi. I personally find that they are not very effective until you have at least 2. Just because, they only have the one gun, so one a pen hit, they have a 50/50 chance of making it useless. Sure it has other uses like mobile cover and wot-not but still.
    I would swap it out for a 5 man dev squad with 4 missile launchers.They are far more versatile against most opponents and as previously said, frag and krak grenades are really great against the opponents that you will often be facing.

hope that helps, if you have any queries, just ask.
    Last edited by mr.darkness; March 13th, 2011 at 23:29.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

Even for 750pts, you've got a very low bodycount in the troops department.
    A small error you made, is giving camo cloaks to the scouts. Tellion gives them stealth, so no camo cloaks are needed.

On to the list.
    The captain has a nice loadout, but he's way too pricy for this pointslevel. I'd go for a basic libby with Smite or Avenger and another power.
    Personally I like to see a higher number of troops in a list. I understand your reasoning to squeeze in a vindicator, but if you'd drop the vindicator together with the scouts and with the points spared from your HQ, you should be able to get 10 man tac squads with ML and FL and a PF on the sarge both with a HB razorback. They don't have a S10 weapon, but more scoring units and more shots out of those. The two typhoon speeders are great so I'd keep those.

If you're really that bent on using the vindicators, you have another option. It's a bit more tricky to use though and it has limited flexibility. I used it to see how the Vindicator really behaved in lower point battles. It has the potential to blow everything to smithereens but you really have all eggs in one basket. a couple of lucky rolls of your opponent can really mess up your day.
    HQ:

Librarian

Troops

5 man tac squad, combi melta on sarge in a TL HB razorback

5 man tac squad, combi melta on sarge in a TL HB razorback

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Tornado with MM/HF

Land Speeder Tornado with MM/HF

Heavy Support

Vindicator

Vindicator

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

drop the camo cloaks on the scouts, Telion has stealth and confers that ability to his unit. This should free up some points.

edit: just noticed Broadsword beat me to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys for all the help,

In the end i just went with what i have, but slightly changed up

Captain
    w/ artificer
    w/ psword

10man tac squad
    w/ ML
    w/ flamer
    w/rhino

5man tac squad
    w/ pfist
    w/razorback + TL Hbolter

Land Speeder typhoon

Land speeder typhoon

Predator
    w/ Autocannon
    w/ Hbolters

Total 750pts

played yesterday against Tau n Tyranids

against tau lost 3 marines and a speeder, against nids lost 1 speeder and had razorback imobilised, lost 2 marines

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

so did you win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, both times completely flattened them.

To keep the whole everything in tanks/vehicles thing going, i was thinking adding a land raider in for 1000pt, followed by assault terminators in 1250 or so

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

I think landraiders are a bit of a point sink against some armies at 1,000 points... unless you are fighting nids or orcs, but I prefer balanced lists and consider it grossly cheesetastic to field a land raider against them at that low point level. I would go for a Vindicator or two or a mix of vinidis and predators. I don't usually use Terminators or Landraiders until I get to +1500 points. But then again, the Land raider is a sweet model, everyone needs to try it once, its a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, i think that the land raider might be overkill, also contemplating using like 10scouts w/ snipers and telion or something for 200pts and upping the captain to chapter master for 25pts for the whole orbital bombardment, + the whole shelling out 100$ + for a land raider is not being a positive decider for me

+ Reply to Thread